[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
The Furry Pound forums • View topic - Weapons

Weapons

Don't know how to get out of spawn? HLSS plays sounds really slowly? Or you need a dispenser? Come here!

Postby TheShadowfox » Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:17 pm

Heya everyone! I'm The Shadowfox, or Tayla O'Connor. I'm new, and this is my first topic. I suck at TF2, and I haven't played that much, so keep that im mind! ^_^;

Anyway, I was playing as Medic today, and someone mentioned something about the Quickfix, that it was bad, I think.

So this topic is all about what weapons are good for what scenarios, what weapons are bad, and so forth.

First of all, could someone please pick up on what that one person who I don't know the name of, was saying about the Quickfix?
TheShadowfox

Postby Mr. Munchlax » Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:20 pm

What weapons you use are really dependent on your personal preference and play style. I don't play much medic, and when I do I typically stick with the standard medigun, but the quickfix has a somewhat faster healing rate, but it can't overheal and it's charge doesn't make you invincible like the standard uber does. It tripples how quickly you can heal someone and prevents you and the person you're healing from being knocked back from things like the airblast. It has situations where it can be useful, but most players will probably tell you that it's not worth it most of the time.

I typically play pyro myself and my usual loadout is the backburner, flaregun, and axtinguisher, which works very nicely with how I play the class. Though, other classes like Scout, I tend to stick with the basic stock loadout. It's really more personal preference than anything, you just need to figure out what works best with how you play the game.
Who do you think you are? Bleeding Action Man?!
Mr. Munchlax

Postby Jinx » Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:11 pm

Jinx

Postby Irukandji » Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:50 pm

Oh, you left out some of my favs Jinx :P

Also, welcome to TFP Shadowfox :D

For the Engineer:
-Frontier Justice: Requires a good deal of precision to maximize the effect, but you can make every last mean mother-hubbard who hurts your innocent sentries pay for what they've done. Broken sentries yield stored crits on the gun, excellent for both clutch defensive positions and pestering the enemy with the Gunslinger. Getting used to this can be mighty helpful.
-Wrangler: I can't say enough about it. Basically, you get a damage reducing shield on your sentry, and can manually operate it to snipe player across the map with damage >= the Heavy's output at optimum range. Never leave without this in your loadout.
-Widowmaker: Another interesting choice. Best with the Gunslinger due to it using metal as ammo, this returns all damage dealt as more ammo. With no need to reload and infinite ammo, this is worth a try.
-Southern Hospitality: again, not the best compared to the Gunslinger or vanilla Wrench, but it can be a boon when it comes to chasing off spies.
Irukandji

Return to Help