Connection Troubles

Don't know how to get out of spawn? HLSS plays sounds really slowly? Or you need a dispenser? Come here!

Postby HowlingSpirit » Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:39 pm

Hello to all fellow furries ^_^ I'm rather new here, so..here we go.

Lately, I've been having serious troubles connecting to your servers. #5 Is the one that I've been connecting to the most (or have been trying to) And what happens is...It will get to "Sending Client Info" and right before it completes that process, my game freezes. Even Steam crashes when this happens. It forces me to restart my computer because everything locks up. I'd really luff to play on your servers, but it's impossible with this problem. Please, someone give me some advice =/ like..is there a specific download I need to get into the server? And if these servers are password protected, it never gives me the option to enter in a password. Thank you to anyone who helps me with this!
*Furry highpaws all around*
HowlingSpirit

Postby Jinx » Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:42 pm

Only TFP8 is passworded and you don't need any specific download to get into any of the servers (unless it's on a custom map, but it'll download that before "sending client info" shows up). Does it happen when you connect to all of the servers or just TFP5? Are you sure that it's frozen or is it just taking a really really long time (how long did you give it before restarting)?

Verifying your cache is usually always a good first step. Failing that I've heard of some other people getting around this problem by trying to join a server, cancelling it after it's started, then retrying to join the server.
Jinx

Postby HowlingSpirit » Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:36 am

Yes, I once even gave it half an hour to load and it didn't change a thing. I try Ctrl+Alt+Delete and even that doesn't work. I'm forced to shut down my computer and restart it. I haven't verified my game cache recently, nor have I tried connecting and reconnecting. I will try that now.

I was worried no one would help me with this, but thank you so vurry much! ^_^
HowlingSpirit

Postby HowlingSpirit » Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:53 am

OwO I'll try tomorrow. Can't find any of the servers right now =(
HowlingSpirit

Postby Purplecat » Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:28 pm

Do you have the same trouble with other TF2 servers? Try connecting to one of Valve's own TF2 servers (or just use quickplay to join a random server). It can be your router, some routers are awful at handling the UDP packets that Valve games uses for communication. You connect to the server, and then your router forgets what computer on your local network is trying to connect to the server.

Then again seeing how the game freezes and steam crashes and all that, it might not be a connection problem but a clientside one. Verify your cache as Jinx suggested.
Purplecat
Site Admin

Postby HowlingSpirit » Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:02 pm

I verified my cache :3 I'll try joining now. But I have no problems with any other servers, so I don't understand really..
HowlingSpirit

Postby HowlingSpirit » Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:39 pm

Meh...It still crashes on me. I want to play on your servers so badly, I mean..I can't find a better TF server that's 100 percent furry that's so alive like you guys! I'll keep trying other remedies if I hear any, because I just don't want to give up on trying to get into a fantastic server. =)
HowlingSpirit

Postby Jinx » Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:53 pm

Have you tried connecting to a server, cancelling it as soon as it starts a bit and then trying to join another server? What kind of router do you have?
Jinx

Postby HowlingSpirit » Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:22 pm

My router? It's a linksys, and my ISP is Comcast, so..it can't be a connection problem. Moreover, I live in Tennessee, so the eastern servers..I shouldn't have any ping problem or anything. Man..I just don't know what the problem is..
HowlingSpirit

Postby HowlingSpirit » Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:45 am

Okay, so I tried for the fourth time today, except this was on #8 this time. It still wouldn't work..you don't know how much I want to be in your servers...mehhhh!
HowlingSpirit

Next

Return to Help