Sound spamming allowed now?!?

Don't know how to get out of spawn? HLSS plays sounds really slowly? Or you need a dispenser? Come here!

Postby STrRedWolf » Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:24 am

So I was playing on TFP #9 today, a EU server... which in some cases is good but for me, has a higher rate of jackassery that causes me to regret connecting.

And a sound spammer was pushing out various types of music, some good IMO, but others passible. Ether way, I could *barely* hear the other team... and the clips were much longer than the 30 seconds that Witchiebunny says in the rules. I could of muted, but others were objecting as well and I called an admin *TWICE* on the forums.

Jinx and Lord Clockwork responded with "mute the guy" and "music is allowed."

SAY WHAT?!? The rules say not to spam music! Did the rules change without a new post on the forums about them?!?
Steam on Linux Native: "PENGUIN TOUCH MY GUN!" "THAT PENGUIN IS A SPY!"
"This is going to be a real piece of piss, you bloody Steam Linux player!"
STrRedWolf

Postby Sekh765 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:18 am

Couple things I'd like to clarify, because as your post stands, it confuses me.

You say, "on the forums", I can only assume you mean chat, because if you were actually looking for admins on the forums, thats....bad?

You also say "could barely hear the other team", meaning alltalk was on. Now. As jinx and Clock said, we do allow music, provided its not destroying the server or causing folks to disconnect due to buffer overflow. Most of the time, unless multiple people message the admins in some way to inform them of the problem, we assume the server doesn't mind and ask people to use their client side mute option. All talk specifically being on means that we assume the game in question is not as serious as others, and its allowed extra leeway.

Keep in mind the rules that you find here on the forums were written in 2008, so thats been near 3 years since they've been updated.

Again, if you did have multiple people on the server saying they didn't like it, or were having issues, having them mention it as well can go leaps and bounds towards having someone muted. However, our servers are open to lots of folks, some of which enjoy the music others play, so we try not to instantly mute folks.
Your friendly local Buffett-Bird spy. ^_^
My spy video!
Sekh765

Postby STrRedWolf » Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:36 am

Eh, I wouldn't mind it if it didn't drown out everyone else. That's the main issue I have: VOLUME. If it was cut to half, it wouldn't be so disruptive... or in the case of damn good stuff, distracting. :)

Any idea on when the rules will get updated?
Steam on Linux Native: "PENGUIN TOUCH MY GUN!" "THAT PENGUIN IS A SPY!"
"This is going to be a real piece of piss, you bloody Steam Linux player!"
STrRedWolf

Return to Help