Idea for a custom map

Don't know how to get out of spawn? HLSS plays sounds really slowly? Or you need a dispenser? Come here!

Postby Keryo Wolfe » Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:25 pm

Here's the deal, I have Source SDK Toolkit, and for quite some time, I've been wanting to do an Aperture vs Black Mesa map for TF2. It would be CTF. BLU's flag would be the famous Portal Gun, while RED will have to defend the Gravity Gun. Both bases would be made to look like the respective organization, BLU's base would be modeled to look Like Aperture Science, While RED would look like Black Mesa.

The only problem is... I can't tell down from up in Hammer. Don't understand it at all. I assumed it would be like Doom Builder, which I DO know how to use, but I don't understand it at all. If someone could show me how to use it and/or help me with this project, I would really appreciate it.
Keryo Wolfe

Postby NikkyVix » Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:48 am

There's a plethora of Youtube tutorials for Hammer. You could start here, with the basics of building.

NikkyVix
Site Admin

Postby Keryo Wolfe » Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:30 pm

hmmm... seems easy enough, but I still need to figure out how to use HL2 and Portal textures in the map, because I can't seem to find them in Hammer, and I need to find out how to change the look of the intelligence to the portal and gravity guns.
Keryo Wolfe

Postby Purplecat » Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:53 am

Portal textures aren't mounted at all by TF2, so they're inaccesible for TF2 unless you manually copy em all over. Only base HL2 is available too, and to be honest it tend to look very shoddy to mix HL2 textures and props within a TF2 map (it can pass for placeholders sometimes, just don't release it with em).
Purplecat
Site Admin

Return to Help