TFP 2 keeping on crashing

Don't know how to get out of spawn? HLSS plays sounds really slowly? Or you need a dispenser? Come here!

Postby STrRedWolf » Sun Nov 21, 2010 6:57 pm

Just had it crash twice today, one after another after 20 minutes. First map was not Dustbowl, but afterwards it crashed on Dustbowl.
Steam on Linux Native: "PENGUIN TOUCH MY GUN!" "THAT PENGUIN IS A SPY!"
"This is going to be a real piece of piss, you bloody Steam Linux player!"
STrRedWolf

Postby Sekh765 » Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:37 am

Did you report it to an admin after the first crash? The problem with how valve has setup SourceTV is that if we have a regular crash for whatever reason, then when the server gets to 23 players, SourceTV bugs out and tries to take up the last slot at the same time as the next person to join, causing a new crash. That is why we always change the map off of dustbowl (default restart map), after a crash. It fixes this bug so that the server doesn't chain crash.

If you did inform an admin, and they did change the map, then I will see if we can figure out what is going on.
Your friendly local Buffett-Bird spy. ^_^
My spy video!
Sekh765

Postby STrRedWolf » Tue Nov 23, 2010 2:07 am

I'm never sure of the admins anymore. I did ask for one on the chat, and got the "It's Dustbowl, just RTV it" run-around. Yeah, heard that, and it crashed on another map before, so it's not just Dustbowl.

Now, the after-crash that's a better explanation.
Steam on Linux Native: "PENGUIN TOUCH MY GUN!" "THAT PENGUIN IS A SPY!"
"This is going to be a real piece of piss, you bloody Steam Linux player!"
STrRedWolf

Postby Sekh765 » Tue Nov 23, 2010 6:23 am

You can always PM me directly, or one of the other admins you know and tell us just mention that the server crashed and it's on dustbowl, so it is heading for another crash. Every admin should know what that means.

I don't think it was an admin telling you to RTV from dustbowl, though I could be wrong. There is really only about 3 of us that regularly sit in chat.
Your friendly local Buffett-Bird spy. ^_^
My spy video!
Sekh765

Return to Help