[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
The Furry Pound forums • View topic - When is spawn camping allowed?

When is spawn camping allowed?

Don't know how to get out of spawn? HLSS plays sounds really slowly? Or you need a dispenser? Come here!

Postby Lightpaws » Sat Nov 13, 2010 6:44 pm

Lightpaws

Postby NikkyVix » Sat Nov 13, 2010 6:57 pm

Spawncamping is allowed at the opening siege from RED onto BLU only. We have a spawncamping rule that works quite fine. We will not institute a clause that makes the enemy team unable to find and kill ubercharges or buildings that are being made in an area they should normally have access to, such as standardizing some map-wide "green zone" tat the enemy is breaking a rule for if they step foot into it.

Considering I was on the server at the time of the issue that prompted this post, I believe you're failing to point out that the first thing one of your teammates did, as he was opening the gate (A Heavy I believe), was sit in the gate and open fire on the RED members that had managed to push your retreating team back to their spawn. Considering no enemy under attack is expected to sit and take bullets, I fail to see how firing back is camping. Especially when that enemy is engaged with others outside and also looking to all back. And this entire situation also happened in the span of seven to ten in-game seconds. It's a grey area, but the fact remains the people you claim were doing the camping WERE being fired on, and when a player is being fired on they are not supposed to just sit and take it.

There was also the comment made that one had to shoot their way out of the spawn in that situation. When the spawn-sitters are not being fired on in the first place by the enemy outside of it, which very well could be retreating OR engaging other enemies who were outside in the first place, joining a fray the instant one opens a gate is an excellent way to attract gunfire.

Camping, the act of sitting purposefully outside of a spawn and waiting for someone who's respawned to exit in order to ambush them without leaving, is what we frown on here. A defending team who pushes the attackers back to their forward spawn and is fired on by people just opening the door hardly constitutes a breach, especially if they're in the process of trying to fall back. Had the defending team sat when all the gunfire had ended or remained after they were no longer under attack, THAT would have been a breach, and worth a consideration of the ruling.

It irks me to be curt about this instead of cordial, but this is a situation which is hardly worth debating considering the whole of what happened. If you have a personal problem with it, please address it in a PM to the "Ass-backwards Admins" you referred to on the server instead of grandstanding with a public post that ultimately has little helpful suggestion we can make for the fairness of those on the server.
NikkyVix
Site Admin

Return to Help