[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
The Furry Pound forums • View topic - Proposal: FOR-EU Team Fortress 2 Training Seminars

Proposal: FOR-EU Team Fortress 2 Training Seminars

Don't know how to get out of spawn? HLSS plays sounds really slowly? Or you need a dispenser? Come here!

Postby Taggerung » Mon Jun 29, 2009 2:17 am

I have stopped playing scout much because of the giant skill drop in the class ever since the FAN damage increase
The past is the past
Move past it, make reforms, make a brighter future :3
Taggerung

Postby Ayeaka » Mon Jun 29, 2009 2:19 am

And yet so few people agree when I say that FaN is a cheap piece of shit.

There is NO REASON why a scout should be able to DROP A HEAVY in two non-crit shots. OR a soldier.

Even PYRO is pushing it. Three shots I have no problems with--like with Scatter. If you can stay in his face long enough to do that without burning to death, hell, it's deserved, but FaN's shots fire nearly fucking simultaneously, and since the person shot is frozen in place for a second or so, they can't exactly do ANYTHING to dodge the second.

It was annoying, before, but BALANCED. Now? ARGH.
Frau Chimäre~
The doctor will see you now.
Ayeaka

Postby Purplecat » Mon Jun 29, 2009 6:11 am

And some scout players are complaining about that FAN is useless and scattergun is way way better.

...it's balanced. >_>
Purplecat
Site Admin

Postby Ayeaka » Mon Jun 29, 2009 7:51 am

Frau Chimäre~
The doctor will see you now.
Ayeaka

Postby Purplecat » Mon Jun 29, 2009 7:57 am

Belive me, I still hear whining from "pro scouts" about how FAN isn't useful.

Also max fan damage:
Point Blank: ~92-113

That means it takes three shots to kill a heavy. Not two. And that is point blank shots too.

Also the sniper and spy classes wants a word with you about the "two shot" thing.

Edit: And comparing the damage done, FAN is only slightly more powerful. FAN fires two shots in a row faster, but have a long reloading time following that.
Purplecat
Site Admin

Postby Taggerung » Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:21 pm

FAN is able to two shot kill classes too easily, with the scatter gun you can do it but you need to have very good aim.
The FAN takes the skill out because of its larger area of attack and because it stops the enemy for the second attack it requires less aiming skill for the user.

I am getting tired of Valve listening to people complain on the forms, they just really sucked at scout so Valve took the skill down so the retards could kill things without having to aim as much
The past is the past
Move past it, make reforms, make a brighter future :3
Taggerung

Postby Sekh765 » Mon Jun 29, 2009 2:31 pm

Theres a really easy way to deal with the FAN.

Shoot the scout.

No really. Shoot and kill him. He has at max when not overhealed 125 hp. If your a heavy getting three shotted by a scout, that means he is at point blank, and your minigun should rip him into tiny pieces.

Shoot him!
Your friendly local Buffett-Bird spy. ^_^
My spy video!
Sekh765

Postby Angry_Squirrel » Sat Jul 04, 2009 9:32 pm

I find whenever I try to use the FAN, it doesn't get the job done, and I end up doing worse than with the Scattergun. With the FAN, if just one shot misses, then it's all up to dumb luck in dodging - if the soldier is able to call your fake to the left or predict the dodge to the right, then you get blown up before you can jump back in to attack again. Scattergun = more rounds fired over a period of dodging around = more consistent damage output in a foe.

FAN is only for dicking around IMO, when you don't want to play seriously and only want to be as much of an ass as possible. (Or for when there are just some ledges you need to get up on for strategic location, but can't normally double-jump up there... such as in Well before the round starts... I don't know if it can be done w/o FAN's 3rd jump.)
Angry_Squirrel

Previous

Return to Help