[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
The Furry Pound forums • View topic - General questions, mainly spy-related!

General questions, mainly spy-related!

Don't know how to get out of spawn? HLSS plays sounds really slowly? Or you need a dispenser? Come here!

Postby BritishRabbit » Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:19 pm

Hey hey hey! MY FIRST POST, EVER... here...

HI everybody! :>

Okay aside from the greeting, can someone help a Bunny with the spy class? I know theres general class advice in this same area but i'd like to ask specific questions. Mainly... how do I avoid spycheckers? What would make a good disguise? Aaaaaaaaand... general fighting advice and targets I should and should not go for would be nice!

Secondly, where can I get a nice spray?

Thirdly, any tips for fitting in and not making a gigantic pain of myself?

Fourthly, whats with all the canines? D: (Don't answer this one, its just one i've -always- wanted to ask but I always assumed Canines were more attractive as Fursona's.)
BritishRabbit

Postby Fox Vert » Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:45 pm

Short answer: lots of practice and patience.

Long answer is long: Right, first thing is deciding what kind of spy you want to be. Some spies like to use the Cloak & Dagger (C&D) to hang around an area unseen, relaying info to their team and launching the occasional strike on an unsuspecting isolated opponent. Other spies love the Dead Ringer (DR) as a distraction device - head to where their team is, get fake killed, have half the enemy team trying to find you as you run away to find an ammo drop. Myself, I use the spy in his original form. Invisibility is my tool of choice - move fast, use the ammo on the ground to recharge the cloak and then come out to strike. When they turned the uncloak noise up (many months ago now) they made this more difficult because you can't uncloak directly behind a target or they will hear you.

Avoiding spycheckers is tough. If people are spamming all over the place you will be found and killed. A lot. Congestion is your enemy when invisible - the more enemies that are there the more can accidentally shoot you or run into you. Don't be afraid of going the long way if it increases your chance of success. Players usually travel the shortest route because only the scout is fast.

I can't really help on the disguise front. I mainly just use disguises to fool sentries. I'm yet to find one that doesn't get checked. Hanging around the back looking into the distance as a sniper can work for a bit but it's only a matter of time before a real sniper turns up or a pyro shoots a tampon at you.
Now with added Brain Slug
http://www.youtube.com/user/MrFoxVert
Fox Vert

Postby BritishRabbit » Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:53 am

Oh yay, practice o.O

Well im slowly getting better... its still an unholy pain around busy areas... thanks for the tips anyway! :>
BritishRabbit

Postby Jinx » Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:31 pm

Jinx

Postby BritishRabbit » Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:00 pm

Again, just a silly question xP Canines and Felines tend to be more popular as far as I can see, but heck, makes me special. :O

Heck, Bunny (English Spot) spy spray mebe? xP Im tempted to cannibalise a friends artwork, she often as not draws my fursona, once in a tux :O

Also yeah, I tend to prefere the Dead Ringer as it can be a life saver in the right situation, heck, loads of situations really!
BritishRabbit

Postby Wulfie » Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:08 pm

[11th Doctor voice] Canines are cool [/Doctor Who]
Wulfie

Postby BritishRabbit » Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:18 pm

Bah, Bunnies are cooler, EVERYTHING is better with Bunnies. :O
BritishRabbit

Postby Purplecat » Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:34 pm

Purplecat
Site Admin

Postby pablofiasco » Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:01 pm

IF i play spy, i tend to do the cloak&stagger intel relay kind of gameplay,
although being an ambassador sniper can prove VERY useful
especially if you can get to places that spys normally shouldn't get to and nobody checks (IE the rooftops on teh upper circle of Nuclus are get-able by spys, the very top of the crane on cranetop, etc etc)

the ambassador might not be very powerful if you dont headshot, but it can be great for distracting the other team and leading to wild goose chases
(again in the nuclus example, 1) Snipe someone from your "you should be able to get up there" perch, 2) then immediately cloak, 3) enjoy the lulz )
pablofiasco

Postby NekkidSnaku » Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:53 pm

Only use the disguise to take out sentries, other wise you should cloak to avoid the enemy at all costs. Cloak and Dagger helps a lot with this, but the original watch is also goo dif you know the map's ammo location. If you have no cloak left, try to backpedal a lot, and DO NOT STARE AT THE ENEMY! If you're going in for a backstab, DO NOT LOOK AT THEM STRAIGHT ON! How many times do you see a friendly team member besides a medic stare at you while getting closer? It's very creepy and will get you caught 100% of the time lol.
NekkidSnaku

Next

Return to Help