[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
The Furry Pound forums • View topic - Anyone else having problems with getting drops period?

Anyone else having problems with getting drops period?

Don't know how to get out of spawn? HLSS plays sounds really slowly? Or you need a dispenser? Come here!

Postby Marshtomp » Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:38 pm

I've been really patient about the TF2 item drop system. I play about 2 hours everyday and I don't get any dropped items. Now if it was just weapons, then I wouldn't mind. Then I could get to crafting and worry about hats later. But its been at least a month and I haven't gotten anything! Not hats, no weapons, no mask. And I'm not that kind of guy to be complaining about

"HOW I GET MY DROPS FASTER?!"

I just.. don't get anything. and what really annoys me is that I play honestly. I've tried Idling at least twice and it just doesn't work. I'm starting to worry if its a problem on my end. Does anyone else have problems with getting drops period?

Marshtomp

Postby Deanimaizen » Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:42 pm

Deanimaizen

Postby Marshtomp » Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:47 pm

[/quote]
The same thing happens to me but with the addition now i have a lot of useless objects like 3 sandwichs :cry:[/quote]

Well at least you have some drops, even if they are useless. Im not getting anything at all.

Marshtomp

Postby Deanimaizen » Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:53 pm

Deanimaizen

Postby Sultry Skunk » Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:02 pm

I know your pain. Before the crafting update I had TONS of shit. I deleted a bunch of it and then the update hit and BOOM! I have gotten a handful of items since the update.
Sultry Skunk

Postby Mr. Munchlax » Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:53 pm

I've been having terrible luck with the drop system too. I DID manage to get the medic mask the day after that update in the only stroke of luck I've ever had with the stupid drop system in place. It took me three months just to get enough crap to make one refined metal. Now I just need 3 more so I can use my pyro token to get a hat...
Who do you think you are? Bleeding Action Man?!
Mr. Munchlax

Postby Purplecat » Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:28 pm

A huge problem with the drop system is that sometimes it stops working for whatever reason, and you can still manage items. Strangely the other way around is true, you can still get drops even while you can't use unlockables sometimes. But usually those "downtimes" happens around major updates.

The drop chanche is really low. It's about 25% chanche every 25th minute. As far I know, you don't need to play 25 min straight. If you play for 15 minutes and then stops for the day, the next "roll" would happen in another ten minutes on the next day.

TF2wiki: "There is a separate timer that counts every 15,430 seconds (4 hours, 17 minutes, and 10 seconds) you have a 1 in 28 chance of receiving a hat. " I seem to recall that in average it takes about as much time to randomly get a hat as it takes to craft one, but I might remember wrong.
Purplecat
Site Admin

Postby Sultry Skunk » Sat Mar 27, 2010 4:43 am

I wish that timer were true...
Sultry Skunk

Postby Purplecat » Sat Mar 27, 2010 5:25 am

Is is true, problem is that it's psuedorandom... which isn't true randomness to begin with. :P
Purplecat
Site Admin

Postby Angry_Squirrel » Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:41 am

In my experience, it almost feels as if the drop system is somewhat tied into what server you're playing on.

The number of drops I've gotten in regular play seems like nothing compared to how much I have found in the past before with idling. To compare, back in January when I idled regularly for items to turn into 3 simuhats, I'd have nights where over the eight hours of idling I'd find one or no items, or 2 if I was lucky. It was mostly a trial-and-error-basis to find an idle server that would give a good 5-8 drops in a night. (A night would be between 8 to 10 hours before checking the computer again.)

I don't know if it's just one of those false positives where correlation =/= causation, but it is a little superstition that might help. (Only way to check such randomness would be to have one person simultaneously in two servers; I doubt a method could be obtained to find two people whose connections and w/e factors are similar enough to have a comparison test...)
Angry_Squirrel

Next

Return to Help