Anyone else having problems with getting drops period?

Don't know how to get out of spawn? HLSS plays sounds really slowly? Or you need a dispenser? Come here!

Postby Jamaris » Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:00 pm

For me, it just seems like how long I've been playing. There's some nights where the first time I join a map, nothing at all. Then on subsequent maps, items just start raining from the sky.

I also think that it's tied to server variety. Sometimes, I'll play in TFP servers, get jack shit. Go join one of the nom.nom.nom servers (foxtails!), and I'll get items every few deaths or so.

But really, I think it's just random as all hell. But those are just trends I seem to notice (or fool myself into thinking they're trends. c.c)
Jamaris

Postby Purplecat » Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:05 pm

Certain things seems to stop the item drops, such as the right parts of Steam going down momentarily (Steam going down dosen't always affect drops, but did yesterday for me). When that happens switching level or rejoining server probably helps.

The only time you need to restart TF2 is when you wind up getting a blank backpack. But I can tell you that this dosen't affect drops! It does however make your client oblivious to any new drops you get.

The item system could be a bit more clear, as it tend to bug out without an error. And when it does, it blames the server... which I found out is rarely the case nowadays. :|
Purplecat
Site Admin

Postby pablofiasco » Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:11 pm

well im finally getting drops agin, in teh space of an hour i got teh sledghammer thingy, the chocolate, and a useless back-shield,
first real drops in weeks
pablofiasco

Previous

Return to Help