[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
The Furry Pound forums • View topic - HLSS?

HLSS?

Don't know how to get out of spawn? HLSS plays sounds really slowly? Or you need a dispenser? Come here!

Postby CAPTAIN_BRUMBL3Z » Mon Jul 13, 2009 3:21 am

I can't get it to work in TF2 or L4D. Instructions, please, since I can't find any ]:8P
CAPTAIN_BRUMBL3Z

Postby NikkyVix » Mon Jul 13, 2009 3:24 am

NikkyVix
Site Admin

Postby Marshtomp » Mon Jul 13, 2009 4:52 pm

HLDJ > HLSS

Marshtomp

Postby NikkyVix » Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:24 pm

NikkyVix
Site Admin

Postby Tehrasha » Tue Jul 14, 2009 7:29 pm

Everything I've learned in TF2, I've learned from watching Doom kick my ass!
Tehrasha

Postby CAPTAIN_BRUMBL3Z » Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:56 pm

CAPTAIN_BRUMBL3Z

Postby Electric_Rage » Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:12 pm

I use HLSS quite personally.... Its simple to use and not too taxing on your machine.

Follow the links those above me provided, and read what they have to say.

Here's a few programs that are useful in conjunction with HLSS...
DBpoweramp - Converts the hertz level and sound format of your clip so that it fits in with the source engine

Goldwave - allows you to edit almost everything in the song... mostly the master volume and bass of the song

(optional)Ace-High File Format Converter - I bought this program to put songs on my ipod... but its good if you need to turn your files into wave files so that you can use them in source.

Those are the tools I use... I'm planning to put a youtube tutorial up soon... that will show you the actual steps I take when I make a sound.

Hope I helped!
Electric_Rage

Postby Angry_Squirrel » Sun Oct 04, 2009 10:46 pm

Yeah, all sounds need to be converted into a 16-bit, 11k Hz, Mono wav file. (Took me a while to find this information when I first wanted to get HLSS.)

Also, I'd like to point out that HLSS can play songs fairly well, as long as the song isn't completely butchered in the process of being converted to the proper wav formatting. (It makes me sad that GIR's line "Chicken! Neheheheeh I'm Gonna Eat You!" is also ruined in 16-bit 11k mono :()I think songs stop at like six minutes though? I remember not being able to play all 15 minutes of this piano Mario medley. It's not like you'd be playing a song for the full playtime, anyways - I only always play just the very beginning of the song then stop after five to ten seconds (until song intro's over) because nine times out of ten people won't like being interrupted by a song.
Angry_Squirrel

Postby Tehrasha » Mon Oct 05, 2009 5:32 pm

Everything I've learned in TF2, I've learned from watching Doom kick my ass!
Tehrasha

Postby Angry_Squirrel » Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:16 pm

Most of the time the sounds are going to be circumstantial for when they are played - I forget who has it, but I believe someone from The Pound has got the Russian National Anthem on HLSS for the next time his team decides to do a heavy rush XD
Angry_Squirrel

Next

Return to Help