Spawncamping rule and random crits

Don't know how to get out of spawn? HLSS plays sounds really slowly? Or you need a dispenser? Come here!

Postby Ursa_Minor » Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:39 am

Just wondering about that ancient post in server rules about spawncamping, is the secondary rule still being enforced? I don't play sniper, but it's practically standard practice on maps like Upward and Barnblitz for them to shelter indoors and pick off red players until first cap.

Secondly, would it be possible to try having random crits turned off? I constantly see people apologise for critting, and it's really annoying when it happens.

Awesome server anyhow, I found it via vanilla.tf and it's first pick on my favorites.
Ursa_Minor

Postby Sicmendor » Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:47 pm

NikkyVix wrote:[...]
==============================
[...]

Secondary definition: Snipers who snipe from within the protective shield of their spawn door are in violation of the spawncamping rule.[/size]
==============================
[...]

We don't enforce it because it hardly ever happens. We haven't seen any snipers spawn camping the enemy spawn after the first cap and we didn't receive any complaints about snipers spawn camping after 1st cap so far.

About the no random crits: we don't have planned turning off the random crits since it is part of the casual game. However, we'll have the suggestion into consideration.

Thank you very much. And you're right, I didn't even know that we were in Vanilla.TF
Sicmendor

Return to Help