Engie's nightmare

POOT DISPENSA HEER

Postby Jake Monroe » Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:15 pm

SiRK: There's [SFW], [NSFW] and [STRAY]
Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
User avatar
Jake Monroe
 
Posts: 185
Joined: Fri Aug 08, 2008 2:35 am

Postby Mr. Munchlax » Mon Jun 01, 2009 7:47 pm

That would actually be a pretty good unlock imo. As long as it doesn't do damage to the sentry, and it would require your team to actually run in there and help the spy.
Who do you think you are? Bleeding Action Man?!
User avatar
Mr. Munchlax
 
Posts: 736
Joined: Fri Mar 20, 2009 2:02 am
Location: Texas

Postby Ayeaka » Mon Jun 01, 2009 7:58 pm

Mr. Munchlax wrote:That would actually be a pretty good unlock imo. As long as it doesn't do damage to the sentry, and it would require your team to actually run in there and help the spy.



To be honest, it usually already does.
Unless the engineer is stupid enough to build his dispenser in such a way that the spy can uncloak and make the engie suicide, ooooooor unless it's conveniently placed for a stab 'n' sap, normally there are multiple sentries facing each other, in which case you wind up with a cloaked spy waiting, and frantically begging their team to get ready. :/
Frau Chimäre~
The doctor will see you now.
User avatar
Ayeaka
 
Posts: 561
Joined: Tue Oct 28, 2008 7:11 am

Postby iller » Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:42 pm

That's the great thing about the Cloak and Dagger though... being able to wait it out.

Though I also suppose the DeadRinger is good too if you manage to get behind enemy lines disguised and then get behind the engineer to reveal yourself to the sentry and make it shoot him first. There's usually just enough time to activate the Dead Ringer and live through the collateral damage.
User avatar
iller
 
Posts: 163
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 5:14 am

Postby Ayeaka » Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:51 pm

iller wrote:That's the great thing about the Cloak and Dagger though... being able to wait it out.

Though I also suppose the DeadRinger is good too if you manage to get behind enemy lines disguised and then get behind the engineer to reveal yourself to the sentry and make it shoot him first. There's usually just enough time to activate the Dead Ringer and live through the collateral damage.



It was, before Valve decided that the Dead Ringer needed to be over-nerfed into a useless PoS. :/

But yes; Cloak and Dagger is wonderful for that.
Frau Chimäre~
The doctor will see you now.
User avatar
Ayeaka
 
Posts: 561
Joined: Tue Oct 28, 2008 7:11 am

Postby Purplecat » Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:55 pm

Valve just needed to add a cooldown to the uncloak of the dead ringer, not removing the cloak charge totally. Even a 25% cloak charge penalty would have stopped the abuse.

And to be honest, in a engineer vs spy situation... the engineer usually have the upper hand. Unless he's being really awful at it, or just not paying attention (which is the case for most engineers out there anyway..).
User avatar
Purplecat
Site Admin
 
Posts: 2067
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:49 pm
Location: Sweden, Höganäs

Postby Ayeaka » Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:10 pm

Ailure wrote:Valve just needed to add a cooldown to the uncloak of the dead ringer, not removing the cloak charge totally. Even a 25% cloak charge penalty would have stopped the abuse.

And to be honest, in a engineer vs spy situation... the engineer usually have the upper hand. Unless he's being really awful at it, or just not paying attention (which is the case for most engineers out there anyway..).


YES. A slight cooldown is _ALL_ it needed. It's completely useless now, doesn't really give the spy enough time to get away, let alone enough time to get away + re 'blend-in'. It's just a toy now for occasionally being an annoying distraction. :/ And it's not even very good for that.

And...exactly. :/ Only times I can best an engineer are....well, usually when I have a distraction, am providing a distraction, am against an idiot, or am revolvering at long range, in which case the pistol will typically beat me anyway, if the engineer's smart enough to switch, since it's more accurate.
Frau Chimäre~
The doctor will see you now.
User avatar
Ayeaka
 
Posts: 561
Joined: Tue Oct 28, 2008 7:11 am


Return to Fun

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron