[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
The Furry Pound forums • View topic - Cosplay~

Cosplay~

POOT DISPENSA HEER

Postby Ayeaka » Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:35 am

Hopefully there'll be pics of me in there with the A-kon pictures. :P If there aren't, I'll suit back up at some point and have a few pictures shot of me.

Hoorah RED spy.

Hahahah I was the only RED spy there... There were tons of BLU spies, (presumably because it's easier to find a BLU suit; I kinda just wound up using a black suit with a red balaclava and tie..) I only had a knife--no revolver, cigarette case, or watch, but next year I plan to add those to my er, 'collection' pf props as well.
Being the only RED spy was...interesting. It meant that all throughout the con, I got to hear, "OMG RED SPY, RED SPY, STOP! I WANT A PICTURE OF YOU!" ...and it meant I also got flying tackle hugs from nowhere, nonstop. xD
A friend of mine was treated in much the same way. He was a BLU sniper. He wasn't the only BLU sniper, but the fact that he spent most of the con wandering around acting out with me meant that he wound up being everyone's -favorite- sniper. xD

So, with any luck, I'll soon have pictures of random things from me knife-taunting after 'backstabbing' him in the middle of the con floor, to... random shit like RED spy riding on BLU sniper's back while fist-pumping with him running at full speed through the con, and...also RED spy and BLU sniper sharing sushi. xD

I was told I was people's favorite spy though. A lot. :P Sure, there were the folks that were all "OMG, YOU'RE RED, YOU'RE AWESOME," but I mean the fact that I acted things out. I didn't have the full props, but as far as I was concerned, in costume, I was the spy. :P This meant..a few change to general body language. Perfect posture, a slight 'strut' when walking, talking with my hands a bit more than I do, but otherwise reserved body language, etc.

Oh. There should be footage of a spy and sniper in a conga line at the rave that night, though.
(You do NOT want to know how hot it was dancing in a two-piece black suit, and wingtips. This was a bad idea. A very, very, VERY bad idea.. but ohhhhhhhhhhhh so worth it.)

If anyone else has done TF2 cosplay, I'd love to see it. :P
Frau Chimäre~
The doctor will see you now.
Ayeaka

Postby Mr. Munchlax » Mon Jun 01, 2009 5:47 am

Ha... That sounds like fun. I'm not one for dressing up, but I'd love to cosplay a pyro at least once. :D
Who do you think you are? Bleeding Action Man?!
Mr. Munchlax

Postby CAPTAIN_BRUMBL3Z » Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:51 am

I should look into getting myself a scout suit before Anthrocon... ]:8P
CAPTAIN_BRUMBL3Z

Postby pablofiasco » Mon Jul 13, 2009 4:52 pm

ok, so, questions+ideas:

my pyro costume is steaming full speed ahead, the only things i have left to do are: get blue chemical suit (going to call a company later today to check stock), modify gasmask, and....well thats just about it really...

my questions: anyone have any good source pics for the pyros purse? ive got a ...bad idea for dragoncon, invloving the pyro costume, a purse, (maybe fake boobs), and staging a "SHES A TRAP!!??!" moment

edit: lol, a coworker just said teh "SHES A TRAP>!?!?!?" moment to be: get someone to dip me, then pull off the mask

edit2: dangit, why is it so hard to find a fake fireaxe prop or toy
pablofiasco

Postby Ayeaka » Mon Jul 13, 2009 7:15 pm

You'll probably have to make yourself an axe, or commission one.

As for the gasmask, try to get a Russian one if you can; you may have to paint it. They're very close to the design.

Uhhh, references... I may be able to get a screenshot in-game myself, as I have everything set at max.
Frau Chimäre~
Ayeaka

Postby pablofiasco » Mon Jul 13, 2009 7:20 pm

pablofiasco

Postby Ayeaka » Mon Jul 13, 2009 7:23 pm

Good, good. :3

You may need to stuff it slightly to get the proper silhouette, though.
Frau Chimäre~
Ayeaka

Postby pablofiasco » Mon Jul 13, 2009 7:27 pm

ya, may eithe rjust end up using a pillow,
ooooor, again, going back to teh "its a trap" thing, intentiaonly stay a skiny bastard, with the "chest" area bulked up strategically :)

edit: heh, dont suppose anyone here would be willing and/or able to make me either a fireaxe prop, or an axterminator prop, in the next less then 50 days?
pablofiasco

Postby Stormcaller3801 » Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:03 pm

I think it would appropriate to point out that there's something else you might want to keep in mind while making that axe. Which gives me an excuse to post this.

Stormcaller3801

Return to Fun