[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
The Furry Pound forums • View topic - FAILBOMBING

FAILBOMBING

POOT DISPENSA HEER

Postby Taross » Tue Apr 14, 2009 1:30 pm

Failbombing is a great new extreme sport.

I know what you're thinking, I hear "Vince, don't I need BRAWNDO to be able to do something amazing like Bearblasting or Failbombing?". I say to you NO! (NOOOOOOOOOOO). You can Failbomb with just a single application of Demoman and winbombs.
Here's the deal. When you ragdoll, the game physics don't seem to work the same way on your body as when you're still hanging onto that last HP. This makes for slowly tumbling corpses, bodies sliding down rocky slopes like a pachinko ball or simply breaking the 'walls' of the maps.

This is the rule:
- Post screenshots/links to screenshots to the most interesting/funny/furthest locations you can launch your poor demoman's corpse.

This is how you do it:
- Select sticky-launcher.
- Put down sticky and launch yourself straight up as you go. When you land, you should have somewhere between 65-72 health left.
> This is the important part. Any less and you will gib on the last part, any more and you'll keep one or two measly health after going kablewy <
- Find a place where it might look interesting to shoot over, across, against, through. This should be a spot where you can not come during normal gameplay.
- Back up, put down sticky, back up a little more and sticky-jump into your chosen direction.

When done right, this jump will kill your demoman as you lauch yourself, but not thoroughly enough to gib. This means insta lower-gravity, tumbling across barriers and even just falling way way out of bounds.
Dare people to do better than you.

I will put up some screenies of my own silly attempts last night when I get home. About 2 hrs from posting this.
Taross

Postby NikkyVix » Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:58 pm

NikkyVix
Site Admin

Postby Ayeaka » Tue Apr 14, 2009 7:17 pm

xD; I think I still have a screenshot somewhere of me when we shut ragdoll gravity off...
Frau Chimäre~
The doctor will see you now.
Ayeaka

Postby Doom » Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:40 am

Don't forget FAILCLIPPING.

Though an admin/admin-privileged thing; noclip combines both speed and accuracy to allow for precise flinging of your corpse at people; even in their views. Quite hilarious, especially to players whom easily get side-tracked at the spectacle of a seemingly random ragdoll from the sky.
Doom

Postby Wulfie » Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:42 am

Wulfie

Postby Ayeaka » Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:32 am

Frau Chimäre~
The doctor will see you now.
Ayeaka

Postby Elrabin » Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:10 am

Here's my submission to the contest.

Suicide Failvault FTW

Apologies for not having sound, but i had to save a demo recording as .TGAs and then convert the images to a video using Adobe Premier Pro.........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORnKB7lIx_w
Elrabin

Postby Taross » Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:03 am

Here's an interesting spot for a nap...

RIGHT between the trees. Is that 2 points? :D
Taross

Postby Tehrasha » Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:32 am

Everything I've learned in TF2, I've learned from watching Doom kick my ass!
Tehrasha

Postby Marshtomp » Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:20 pm

WHAT?! THERES ACTUALLY A NAME FOR THIS ?!!

Marshtomp

Next

Return to Fun