[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
The Furry Pound forums • View topic - Do Demomen really get this

Do Demomen really get this

POOT DISPENSA HEER

Postby Makaze » Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:21 am

I know for ages I've been full of Demo hate, until Nikky and Doom kindly(no sarcasm they actually explained) how the class works. But seriously, the attached pic. Do you guys really get this much flak?
Attachments
114.jpg
114.jpg (110.28 KiB) Viewed 5372 times

Makaze

Postby Mr. Munchlax » Tue Mar 31, 2009 3:45 am

Actually, yeah they do. What's sad is that demomen really aren't that hard to fight, most nubs just don't know how to play against the class properly and so they whine about how OP he is.
Who do you think you are? Bleeding Action Man?!
Mr. Munchlax

Postby Doom » Tue Mar 31, 2009 4:30 am

Yup, that picture sums it up perfectly. It's just the good demomen who adapt. The old days... it was so blindly easy to be a pretty good demoman..
Doom

Postby Tehrasha » Tue Mar 31, 2009 4:34 am

Everything I've learned in TF2, I've learned from watching Doom kick my ass!
Tehrasha

Postby Purplecat » Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:07 am

Demoman is one of the more flexible classes, and therefore better players tend to prefer playing Demoman from what I seen. (unless they are snipers, which seems to be a game of it's own in TF2.)

It's the only class whoose weapons do the same damage over range too, which is probably one of the biggest reasons why it's been seen as overpowered. Damage falloff is fairly heavy in TF2 for other classes. (However it can be said, it doesn't apply to criticals).

I'm not sure where I stand when it comes to Demoman and class balance. He's my new main class now, and I have to admit... out of all classes, demoman is the easiest to killspree with. I used to be cocksure that demoman was overpowered, but after they slightly nerfed his close-battling ability on the sticky launcher, making him weaker on where he's supposed to be weak... I'm not as sure anymore I still see him as a "strong" class though.

Demoman's main weakness is probably "blank zero" battles. Scouts, Pyros and to a certain degree... spies are his main counter classes. He's slightly slower than the average speed (barely noticeable, but it's there), probably to make up for his mobility.
Purplecat
Site Admin

Return to Fun