[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
The Furry Pound forums • View topic - Furry Models?

Furry Models?

POOT DISPENSA HEER

Postby Swishy Raccoon » Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:58 am

Hi! I joined because I thought this would be the best place to find what I am looking for: Furry TF2 models! I don't want just simple re-skins, or bizarre color changes, I want to have the clothes and general shape of each character to be the same, but, of course, each character is a different anthro :D

Maybe there's already a set of models like this, or perhaps one's being worked on?
Swishy Raccoon

Postby NikkyVix » Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:12 am

Hello there, Swishy,

If there are such models, I surely haven't seen them, nor have they been discussed on our forum. Doesn't mean they don't exist, though. I'd say Google is probably going to be your best bet until you can find some leads or maybe hear from someone responding positively about such, but overall, TF2 tends to lend itself more to reskins than model-swapping.
NikkyVix
Site Admin

Postby Swishy Raccoon » Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:55 pm

Swishy Raccoon

Postby Ayeaka » Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:13 pm

I've mentioned the idea numerous times, and now have a few members that ask me daily for progress.. xD;

I don't exactly have time atm, but I am working on full concept sketches. After that it's a matter of getting the right tools, and modeling...

I may be able to use zbrush.. I'm getting fairly good with it, but I'm used to multi-object models, such as SL, soooo... (Such as my avatar; that's my personal SL avatar.)

I DO texture. I'd like another person to collaborate with if I ever get this off the ground, however, as much to keep me focused as anything else.
Frau Chimäre~
The doctor will see you now.
Ayeaka

Postby miniskunk » Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:50 pm

Well someone was able to remodel the cart so it would seem logical the same could be done for the avatars.
miniskunk

Postby Purplecat » Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:09 am

Problem is how to make it animate well too. Adding a tail on a charcther that is usually animated without can be a problem.

...plus most 3D furry models (but not all, especially from "pro" modellers) I seen tend to fall into the uncanny valley. ><
Purplecat
Site Admin

Postby Dusty » Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:59 am

Ailure nailed it on the head. The female scout was apparently hard enough to get looking presentable :P Get a good animator and modeller though and you would make furry tf players everywhere happy :P
Dusty

Postby RollingEye » Wed Mar 04, 2009 5:03 am

Closest thing I've seen to furry models in non-furry type a games is in UT2k4, with the werewolf models, raccoon+fox, and the ever famous CAT models by Hide.

Oh God... the female scout.....
Oh crap, is it coward-killing time already?
--
Disclaimer: The views presented by this Rolly are not always serious. Use common sense/brain when reading.
RollingEye

Postby Purplecat » Wed Mar 04, 2009 5:18 am

...the female scout looks like Guybrush Threepwood.
Purplecat
Site Admin

Postby Skunk » Thu Mar 05, 2009 6:17 pm

My idea has always been to not start from scratch and make an interesting model, which would be fine, but to edit the preexisting models into anthros. Shape the heads, add tails. Tails don't have to be anything more than a part of the model like the Thor bat that just flops around as you play.
Skunk

Next

Return to Fun