[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
The Furry Pound forums • View topic - And You Know...

And You Know...

POOT DISPENSA HEER

Postby Kellervo » Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:18 pm

I personally have become used to being one of the guys who just can't get a medic, whether it be conscious refusal on their part (Hai Doom's over thar!) or just dumb luck (medic getting headshot by a sniper neither of us could see). Though that extra 70 health is handy every now and then, I don't plan on getting it. :c
I'm a shaaark
I'm a shaaark!
You know what to do. :v
Kellervo

Postby Echoen » Thu Nov 20, 2008 12:29 am

I heal you Keller ;-;

You're actually one of my 'preferred targets' for healing and ubering!
Echoen

Postby Ayeaka » Thu Nov 20, 2008 12:33 am

Haven't I ubered you a few times as well, Keller?

I usually will target pyros first, unless I specifically need a demo.
Frau Chimäre~
The doctor will see you now.
Ayeaka

Postby RumRunner » Thu Nov 20, 2008 1:05 am

LIES! the pyros! they get no medic love. :( even when they are more effective at taking out sentries than that team's demos (has happened to me before don't say it doesn't. demo while ubered could only take out a single sentry tops. i on the other hand could take out 2... i never got ubered... and it took 3 demo ubers to kill 2 sentries permanently... and so my team lost that match.) hence why whenever i play medic i always try to find a good pyro and uber them. 95% of the time pyro's stand in front of medics with critical health just spamming medic and they never even get a heal. the main reason pyros don't last long while waiting for healing they get hit by a stray bullet and die. and the medics never seem to care. :( poor pyros they get no love.
Don't worry! There will be strippers at your funeral!
RumRunner

Postby Makaze » Thu Nov 20, 2008 6:11 am

I love to spread my medic juices to everyone, well save those cursed cursed spies and snipers....they don't even offer a reach around ....but yeah being a medic is like the single most dangerous job ya can have, but I look at it like this. I give the enemy someone else to give a lead bukkake to, giving the team mate a few extra seconds to blow the blighter into chunky kibble

Makaze

Postby Kellervo » Thu Nov 20, 2008 11:57 pm

I know you heal me Echoen, just more used to seeing you as another Pyro out there. That and I haven't played in some time, so my brain is getting rusty (fuck you school, fuck you). As well as you Ayeaka. Just, yeah, I don't count on a medic showing up to save the day anymore, it's more of a happy coincidence when I get one. D:
I'm a shaaark
I'm a shaaark!
You know what to do. :v
Kellervo

Postby Echoen » Fri Nov 21, 2008 12:33 am

I know, I know, I'm becoming more Firebat than Medibat...

I just keep finding that I'm more of a help to my team when I delay and distract the enemy team (Airblast is what makes Pyro an extremely dangerous threat instead of simply a dangerous one. You backburner fools cannot know the lifesaving power of reflecting rockets.) than if I'm hanging back helping people with, frankly, sometimes really stupid ideas.

When I'm ubered, I know what to do with it. It's a big pain ubering people and watching them go "DURRHURRHURRRRR - wait what *dead*"
Echoen

Postby Ayeaka » Fri Nov 21, 2008 12:44 am

Frau Chimäre~
The doctor will see you now.
Ayeaka

Postby Angry_Squirrel » Fri Nov 21, 2008 5:55 am

Half of the pyro getting no love is a medic's unwillingness to follow them to get assists. Which would you rather behind, a bullet-spewing sponge staying relatively still, a jumping maniac with projectiles of destruction, or a hit-and-run class being played as a front line soldier (excuse the pun). Pyros tend to die more often when charging than a demoman, soldier, or heavy, the other three big medic targets. (despite their high death rate being countered by a following medic...), the medics try to live longer and therefore would not follow a pyro to inevitable doom. After all, it's so hard to determine who's a good pyro and worthy of medicking and who's just a scrub pyro...

At least these are my thoughts.

Personally I like to avoid front-line combat (unless fanboying someone I know who's good), and unless I'm in the middle of healing a target if anyone strays close by I like topping people off before they run into fire. Scoot running by into the fray? Give him some extra health to survive a lucky first shot! Etc.

Given equal skill levels across all classes on my team, in most instances when charged I'd like to uber a pyro. Fire causes the most destruction and damage overall, and their speed means more time to spread the love. Of course that all depends on the situation... demoman = far sentries that can't be solidered, heavies can sub for pyros when more damage at far needs to be done...

If not for the rampant use of sentries, I'd use Kritzkreig so much more... >_>
Angry_Squirrel

Postby Makaze » Sat Nov 22, 2008 5:37 pm

Makaze

PreviousNext

Return to Fun