[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
The Furry Pound forums • View topic - Haunted Fortress 2008: Post Mortem.. (Now with video!)

Haunted Fortress 2008: Post Mortem.. (Now with video!)

POOT DISPENSA HEER

Postby NikkyVix » Sat Nov 01, 2008 7:57 am

UPDATE: Videos are now available for download! Sorry for the sucky video quality--the program I used has poor control over such, and I wanted to keep the filesizes at least relatively small.

The Doomed Cabin
http://www.savefile.com/files/1869885
A group of hardened survivors, locked in the most fortified of the four cabins on zf_lake. Can they outlast the zombie horde bent on their destruction?

The Doomed Cabin 2
http://www.savefile.com/files/1870013
The sequel to the Doomed Cabin 1! They thought that the zombies would be done with them after the first movie. But now...we're sending them to HELL! ...well...rather a different building. Can they make their great escape?!

The Doomed Medics
http://www.savefile.com/files/1869972
The underdog tactic known to be the bane of enemies everywhere, on almost every server, a perfectly-executed Über-Medic chain has been known to lay waste to all not-so-über enemies incapable of countering its surprising effectiveness. Now witness TFP's #1 and #2-ranked players' brave last gambit to survive the clock in the face of unstoppable, crushing odds!

The Doomed Doom
http://www.savefile.com/files/1869978
Posted by strong request, here's Doom's harrowing flight as a survivor facing the hordes of his former teammates-turned-braineater. Time's on his side..can he make it to freedom?

---------------------------

Our first holiday event, and it's a success!

A big hearty thanks to everyone that turned up on Hallows Eve for our first Haunted Fortress Zombie Panic horrorfest! Things like what happened there over 8 hours of festive insanity are one of the reasons we even have these get-togethers, and you guys, gals (and those in-between) really set the Furry Pound community apart from just every other dry game serving.

I'll see about encoding and posting what clips I've had saved of the event, soonish, but I'm sure there's plenty of stuff that may not have been caught. Who could forget Doom, wailing over the mic as he fled from twenty ravenous BLU-team zombies intent on nomming his bone marrow? Or the gripping terror of Mirri, Witchie and Ailure's situation, trying to repair barricades and defend their little room from the crush of the Undead breaching every window? Or the harrowing contest of the Ubersaw-Medic pair of Doom and NikkyVix in the face of the inexhaustible zombie horde?

Spoiler: They all died violently in the end. But it was still, certainly, a memorable night.

Additionally, some asked if I would make available some mp3 themes I used over HLSS for the occasion. I see no reason not to do so for a limited time. Grab 'em now--they're gone in a few days or so.

Michael Jackson - Thriller 2000
Michael Jackson - Bad vs. Ghostbusters (mashup)
Haddaway - What is Love

http://www.nightfox-arts.com/memories/T ... ippets.rar

We will definitely have future events for our players. Keep an eye out here for announcements on such!

Happy Halloween!
NikkyVix
Site Admin

Postby Tyakoto » Sat Nov 01, 2008 11:54 am

I had a good time participating. Some of moments are actually enough to make you jump, like how the zombie spy's cloak just rapidly uncloaks (instead of slow) so the spy just appears and he can start stabbing. I fell to that more than once.

One of my favorite moments was playing soldier and spotting a spy cloak, only to launch a crit rocket at his feet and watch gibs fly out of nowhere (Sorry Ailure!). But the ultimate moment was playing medic with you, we had 10 seconds left and I pop the uber half a second early to give them a sporting chance, and we still survive in a little corner.
Tyakoto

Postby Helios » Sat Nov 01, 2008 2:19 pm

Posted my thoughts in the other thread.

And lol is that Pumpkin vomiting? My friend down the street made the EXACT same thing! *checks his nest for bugs*
I do not pray for an easy life. I pray to be a stronger bird.
Helios

Postby Doom » Sat Nov 01, 2008 6:43 pm

It 'twas a awesome night. I can't wait for the video footage, hopefully I don't sound like a little girl when I was screaming. :v
Doom

Postby STrRedWolf » Sat Nov 01, 2008 7:42 pm

Steam on Linux Native: "PENGUIN TOUCH MY GUN!" "THAT PENGUIN IS A SPY!"
"This is going to be a real piece of piss, you bloody Steam Linux player!"
STrRedWolf

Postby Purplecat » Sat Nov 01, 2008 9:21 pm

Dear Mr Spy, How do you type with boxing gloves on?

I wouldn't mind seeing the ZF maps being incorperated into the main server, or at least have it on a permanent secondary "special" server for that kind of stuff.

Epic screenshot
Purplecat
Site Admin

Postby Mirri » Sat Nov 01, 2008 10:55 pm

Had a HELL of a good time last night, guys! Hopefully we can do more events and stuff like that in the future.
Mirri

Postby Tyakoto » Sun Nov 02, 2008 12:18 am

Fisticuff Spy! Awesome. We need to get the Doom Hanging Himself one up now too (And yay for me being in the shot, in the killlist)
Tyakoto

Postby guno » Sun Nov 02, 2008 12:30 am

needs zombie fortress on the cycle, at least one map @_@

*because i had a busy day yesterday and wasnt able to be part of it, and i love ZF*
guno

Postby Purplecat » Sun Nov 02, 2008 12:48 am

Purplecat
Site Admin

Next

Return to Fun