Custom Maps

POOT DISPENSA HEER

Postby Tyakoto » Fri Oct 31, 2008 8:49 am

I keep seeing maps, but I don't know how to make 'em. But I certainly enjoy thinking up ideas for them. My idea, however impossible it seems in my head, seems fun.

This is a Pac-man inspired maze.

-Make a maze, use some random maze generator through google (I know they're out there). Now we can populate it with one-way gates and timed gates in the walls to make the maze disorientating and hazardous. Now make the RED spawnpoint the center (like the ghosts), and the BLU spawnpoints on the East/West Sides (like the portals that swapped sides in the game. If it was feasibly possible, have a back door teleport between the two?).

-Now if we could possibly make the corners BLU accessible only, put some thing there for them to act as a Power Pill. If not, ignore that bit and just make it normal. That aside, the real 'Pac-Man' part comes into play. Fill the map with control points in a Total Control style map. Each one would take 4 seconds if a scout solo capped it, and locked. The central HUD would show how many are left to control, and wouldn't increase the timer. Once BLU "eats" all the control point "Pellets" they are victorious and the Red 'Ghosts' have failed to stop the BLU 'Pac-Team'.

-We'd obviously have to have limits on the classes otherwise it'd just be a huge demospam and engiturtle. I figure if we limit the main 'trouble classes' in a map like this to 2 (Demo, Pyro, Engi) and eliminate Sniper (After all, it's going to be close quarters combat the whole way through), we'd have a better time. Of course, that could lead to griefing, so that's the only major problem I can see, two idiots hogging Demo when Doom or Nikky should be on it.

overall, it seems fun in my mind, but I have no idea how it'd work functionally. Hope I didn't waste yer time ^^;;
Tyakoto

Return to Fun