TF2 + Interesting Third Person Cam

POOT DISPENSA HEER

Postby Arcalane » Sat Aug 09, 2008 9:53 am

This is a... very interesting little thing I've found. The server needs to have cheats (sv_cheats 1) on to do it, unfortunately, but it's quite interesting (if somewhat useless);

Open the console. Type in "thirdperson".
Once you're in third-person mode, type in "thirdperson_mayamode 1"; this zooms the camera in. It may be possible to skip this step entirely, I don't know.
Now, type in "thirdperson_platformer 1".
Now TF2 will be kinda like a side-scrolling platformer. You move relative to your camera as you would expect; there is no strafing any more (unless you have strafing keys, but really, who uses those?). Rotate the camera to turn. Moving backwards makes you run towards the camera, so be careful.
Finally, to make it so you can run towards the camera without the camera spazzing out, type in "thirdperson_mayamode 2".

Take note that you CANNOT adjust your aim vertically when in third person platformer mode (you still turn relative to the camera, so horizontal aim is not such an issue), so make sure you aim straight ahead unless you want to spend all your time shooting up into the air or down at the ground.

This can also be used to easily preview the three spycrab animations (case up, case down, and knife up) as well as other glitched animations, without your camera moving to a position where you can't see yourself properly.

Enjoy! I wonder if we could get a script that forced these commands alongside a melee-only mode... :?
Arcalane
Huzzah!

Postby Purplecat » Sat Aug 09, 2008 1:20 pm

Been playing with those commands before.

They're pretty fun to play with. And they're nice for looking after animation glitches, or for some reason you want to see yourself as a spy crab or da vinci heavy.
Purplecat
Site Admin

Return to Fun