[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
The Furry Pound forums • View topic - Rank the class?

Rank the class?

POOT DISPENSA HEER

Postby Fernin » Sat Oct 18, 2008 4:30 pm

The claims medic gives no anesthetic! 90-days delinquent get you Repo treatment! I’m the mask horror on your street corner, gonna make your momma mourn you, I’m the Night Surgeon!
Fernin

Postby Angry_Squirrel » Sun Oct 19, 2008 12:20 am

My most hated classes, ranked in rough order:

Scouts. GOD DAMN SCOUTS!!! If they're noob, all they do is be annoying and distract you from what you really need to focus on, like the heavies/demomen/etc. If they're good, then GOD DAMN SCOUTS!!! Not only do they ANNOY, THEY NEVER GET HIT! Ever been spawn-camped by a scout? :V Ever been a heavy and bonked to death because the scout kept double-jumping over your head too fast for you to track with mini-gun? :V

Snipers. If noob, they do jack shit for a team, which makes them a very poor asset (especially if just to counter-snipe), and as a good sniper it's hell to take down, because most of the time the sniper's watching down your only way to take them out and the other way is going to be guarded by the rest of the team. Rocketspam, flare gun, and spies do well to take these guys out.

Pyros.
Yes, my favorite class is 3rd-most hated. Why? Because there's nothing more aggravating than scrub pyros. They do nothing but W+LEFT CLICK and manage to disrupt the team, getting lucky crits and kills when they shouldn't at all. People seem to think pyro swarms solve any problem, but no they don't. :V

Soldier is no 4. Because while Demoman can be super-aggresive and coverage, it's easier to get around and up-close with Demoman than it is to get up-close and personal with a soldier. Splash damage anywhere near you + they can just rocket in their own face and most likely live, whereas demomen die a lot easier to their own methods. Not to mention the range these suckas have... :V

Demoman
is next, same arguments as Soldier only it takes more to be a super-effective demoman than a super-effective Soldier. Also for reasons previously stated, it's generally easier to ambush-kill a demo than it is to kill a soldier. (that 25 hp DOES make a difference...!)

Heavy is 6th, filling out the "offensive" classes, as they're pretty much tactical for skill you don't run into a good heavy very often, and so they're easy to take down.

Medics
aren't anything by themselves, no one to uber but themselves etc; blut + ubersaw have made them a lot more self-sufficient than before.

Engineers are second from the bottom, because they're nothing with their sentry and the sentry only becomes a problem when A) my team can't get it together and ubercharge the damn thing or B) 1/2 of red has gone engie and has sentries up the ass and there's so many to destroy we can't destroy them all. (Although 100% engie team is more fail than anything - I got 21 destructions that round as Demoman on Goldrush stage 1 :D)

Spies don't seem to be a very big threat to me, I guess the tactical and geological implications of their fighting nature tends to limit them to one-time strikes. A lack of good spies running around is another factor, you don't see very many. (Although I certainly have... I feel honored to have been shanked by OMFGninja :3)

For my favorite classes...

Spy is #1. Did I say pyro was my favorite? I'm sorry, but Spy is. When you can get a good run of Spying going, it's like nothing any other class can offer. Just that thrill of killing a score of enemies without them knowing that they're in danger. With the backstab there's some more interesting kills that can happen vs. other classes, such as from not a few hours ago - *follows soldier, soldier process to rocket jump, I take damage but backstab his foot before he gets anywhere and he dies.* *Soldier is on a small ledge, I jump up and nail his foot and he dies. X3*

Pyro is #2, because I'm most effective with him for outright killing people. IIRC I stalled for like a minute with running around and axtinguishing people as red one time when Doom was on blu, I saw no use in going engie anymore as the cart was so close to the final cap so I just burned everyone. We lost when I was trying to stall blu and was away from the cart D=

Demoman Is #3 because while he's no 4 for me in terms of effectiveness, I've loved the Demoman character from the start of the game. Pure Pwnage #15 anyone? ;)

Medic is my 4th favorite, because I'm not expected to fight directly and all I need to do is help those who're better at something than I (Doom at Demoman, etc.) My favorite moment as medic - join JLM, which is on Mach 4. There's like 5 v 4, in blu's favor... so I join Red. Run out, blut someone in the sewers, blut the engineer who's guarding the top, edge the sentry and run out with the intel. ACH TUNG A SPY! *ubersaw crit* and I score a point :P (Is it just me, or is medic better at taking out a sentry than a heavy? The arcing nature of the needles makes them hit a little out of sight and they're fairly accurate...)

...then Heavy/Soldier/Engie gets sort of mixed up in the middle, as me and those classes are pretty neutral and my good use of them depends on the enemy team and what map I'm on, engineering requires knowledge of what spots are good spots to set up a nest in... and my aim with a touchpad is only so good so I can't get very much better with Soldier :[

Sniper is my 2nd worst, because while I can't aim worth shit with a touchpad to hit the enemy's head at least I don't have to be physically moving around much!!

Scout is my absolute worst because not only does it require precise aiming to be good, which I can't do very well on touchpad, but it also requires fast tracking and moving around, which again is severely limited by my touchpad. Only reason I have more scout time than sniper is because too often have I found myself playing scout just because I want to run around really fast... XD
Also... BONK SQUAD GO!!! (4 bat scouts vs. anything = intense combat!!!)
Angry_Squirrel

Postby Tyakoto » Sun Oct 19, 2008 11:15 am

_Like_

-Heavy: Why, because it's just fun to lay down a hail of bullets and watch people drop when you have assistance. When two heavies work together and there's no sniper around (or the sniper can't get a good bead), it's like trying to walk up an icy hill. Especially if one holds a choke point, and the other waits, when one gets hurt the other takes over and they swap, laying down a suppressive chain of fire.

-Medic: Everyone loves medic, 'nuff said. (I just hate when freaking scout is calling for medic and jumping around like a god damned fool... I can't heal you unless you stand still for half a second!)

-Pyro: Waiting around a corner, but not against the wall (they can see your shadow through the wall usually), to just fry someone. And nothing beats repelling a crit rawket back at the soldier's medic buddy and getting a "WTF!?" reaction.

-Engi: I like being helpful with a big gun and a teleporter, and being the 'support' engi, the one who builds up everyone elses stuff before my own.

-Scout: 5th? Surprisingly I do like this class despite sucking horribly (and making it like my least played class) at aiming while moving so damn quick. Good for capping, and the pistol downing of sentries, but other than that, I suck as a scout (I respect the good scouts, you guys are a bitch to eliminate -> "SiberianDingo")

-Demoman: it's currently my most played, and I don't like that. But really, it's the go-to class when you get frustrated because it's really darn easy to kill someone/something with it. Reminds me of sniper, just with the ability to 'snipe' around corners with stickies.

-Sniper:I suck equally at both this and spy, getting behind enemy lines or lining up a shot. But I'm good at pissing people off with both by being the distraction and/or getting a lucky shot. The whole "Click and kill" aspect kinda ruins the fun of sniper (needs a bit of a change to be better)

-Spy: It's kind of a tossup with Spy and Sniper for 8th place, I suck equally at both, getting behind enemy lines or lining up a shot. But I'm good at pissing people off with both by being the distraction and/or getting a lucky shot.

-Soldier: Sadly I dislike Soldier, because I can't rocket jump worth crud and I have an itchy trigger finger, so I tend to splash damage weakly, and well.... if you can't do good splash or rocket jump, kinda useless (but crit rawkets are yay)

_Dislike_

-Demoman: Click to win! It's Doom and Nikky that make me dislike this class, the ability to kill anyone and everyone with very little effort.

-Sniper: Same reason above, though I rarely end up sniped unless I'm standing still (and I try not to do that). Point and click adventure for points.

-Pyro: The fact the 'flame' (aka: Rapid fire machine gun) comes from the bottle, rather than the flamethrower itself totally makes me hate the class, because it's what allows them to shoot 'over' objects (like 'through' floors, because the bottle is behind them and thus they have range to shoot around floor edges). And the fact that even just a -touch- of flame nets you 50 burning damage. It should only do that much damage if your taking like half your life in the flame, not just a spitwad.

-Soldier: I only hate 'em because I can't jump or splash properly, and watching so many people bounce me and friends into the sky and then nuke us while we can't move... or rain explosive death from the sky, gets really frustrating when you try to do it, even with help/instructions and fail.

-Scout: Boink! That scattergun is just mean when it crits, being killed across a room because it doesn't spread very much. And the pistol, it's really accurate for it's high rate of fire. I don't mind them too much, it's just I end up fighting them as the one class that -has- to be in melee with them and they usually crit in response, killing me.

-Spy: Spys, I dislike them mostly for server reasons. I always end up seeing them circle strafe, and I turn in the same direction of them, face them, and eat a backstab because the server doesn't respond as fast as my mouse sensitivity does. That and trying to actually aim that revolver, it's -too- accurate.

-Medic: Blutsauger. I'm guilty of it too, but that thing just makes killing them at medium range horrible. You'll quite often try to strafe and still get riddled. Or the amazing stretch-ubersaw of range.

-Heavy: I'm not too scared of these guys, they're fun to play as and kill, since they're quite slow when firing, except when they crit, then your screwed. And the whole run around a corner and somehow die to bullets that go through walls. (I've died around the corner of, I think it's dustbowl 3, despite the heavy being around the corner).

-Engineer: And bringing up the rear is the least hated class, because the only thing I have to fear from them is their awesome Critwrench of doom, and that requires getting into melee with them, something I try to avoid. The sentry is easy to eliminate with 2 people (spy saps, I blow to hell).
Tyakoto

Previous

Return to Fun