[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
The Furry Pound forums • View topic - Favorite TF2 Moments

Favorite TF2 Moments

POOT DISPENSA HEER

Postby Angry_Squirrel » Sat Apr 25, 2009 10:21 am

HAHAHA EAT IT YA FRICKIN SOLDIER

Even though that reflected crit rocket didn't kill him, due to the fact that he was in a corner and the hit knocked him WAY up, I think it was more so satisfying to have him fall down onto my axe for a nice satisfying chop. My regular, non-axtinguisher axe might I add. (Steam is still being a bitch and whining about me using unlocks for some awful reason.) That felt SO GOOD, after taking repeated unexpected crits in the head. (YEAH IM GUNNA JUGGLER YER UBER AND YER OUTTA ROCKETS WHAT NOW *reloads all 4 rockets* *first one fired is CRITICAL HIT* >:(__]
Angry_Squirrel

Postby Echoen » Sun Apr 26, 2009 4:42 am

So we were on 2Fort today, complete stalemate. Nobody's trying to cap, and it's a sniper fest. We have 2 snipers and Blu has 3 snipers. Two of blu's snipers have medics, for whatever reason. They killed our snipers and are scanning the map for more heads to blow off. I'm going crazy because it's fucking 2fort, and, while Furlock is watching me, I spawn as Sniper, get out my kukri.... and run out to the balcony of our team. I stand on the edge. I take my hat off. "Best keep your heads down, mates." *MISS* *MISS* *MISS* *MISS* *MISS*. I go back into spawn.
Echoen

Postby Arcalane » Sun Apr 26, 2009 12:48 pm

Getting back into the game at last, round of ctf_mach last night... playing as a pyro, running around in our base's pitiful excuse for a 'sewer' and I run into a demo. I pull out my axe...tinguisher. Wuhoh. I proceed to kill him in two hits whilst he's not burning. I just kinda made a beeline for the spawn at that point and tried to stifle laughter.

Thing that makes it funny? I have the Mr. Sledge. HAMMER TIME!

Also see the soldier in his natural environment;

Arcalane
Huzzah!

Postby Jinx » Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:15 pm

During an arena match on sawmill it was down to just the last two players, Mirp the BLU heavy who just started capping the middle point and azn the RED spy who was cloaked and watching ominously from above on the stairs. Azn decloaks and hops down, hoping to get a backstab when Mirp starts doing 360s and spraying bullets everywhere. Azn gets caught in a stream of bullets and goes down and everybody is treated to Mirp continuing to do 360s on the middle point to the tune of "You spin me round" :lol:
Jinx

Postby STrRedWolf » Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:54 pm

Steam on Linux Native: "PENGUIN TOUCH MY GUN!" "THAT PENGUIN IS A SPY!"
"This is going to be a real piece of piss, you bloody Steam Linux player!"
STrRedWolf

Postby Elrabin » Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:15 am

Defending the first cart capture point on Badwater as a spy and getting 5 backstabs in 3 seconds, and then making it away clean. Cloak, disguise, didn't take a single point of damage. I will never do anything like that ever again as a spy. I nailed 2 medics, a heavy, a demoman and a pyro. :D
Elrabin

Postby NikkyVix » Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:59 pm

NikkyVix
Site Admin

Postby Angry_Squirrel » Fri Jun 19, 2009 4:06 am

Well, that was amusing.

I saw my flare and some snipers arrow collide in mid-air; they canceled each other out.

That's interesting to know! :O
Angry_Squirrel

Postby Ayeaka » Fri Jun 19, 2009 5:26 am

Frau Chimäre~
The doctor will see you now.
Ayeaka

Postby Stormcaller3801 » Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:09 pm

Last night, playing Medic on Goldrush. First map and we were on defense, I think. I'm a bit hazy on that as we switched sides a couple times and then went on to several other maps.

In any case, my Medic buddy's bought the farm and there's a Heavy-Medic team just past the first rise. Most of the team was dead, and so I was figuring I'd go out in a blaze of glory- I switched to Bonesaw and ran in (I've actually never used it in real fights before). Incredibly, I managed to cut down the Heavy. Then the Medic. By this point someone's got the 'V' key held down and is cheering me on. Which is another first; generally if someone's talking to me on chat it's either "Why the hell did you Uber that guy?" or "Hey, behind you," the latter of which seems to work equally well for people in need of medical attention or someone about to backstab me.

In any case, I see a second Medic disappear into the first wooden building, so I follow him in and the Bonesaw gets a third person. Charge up the stairs and around the bend, find myself staring straight at a Demoman. Fourth kill. Nobody else in sight so I jump out the window, grab the Medipack, and start hightailing it back to safety.

I can't remember if I made it or if I got dropped by a Sniper. But either before my blood-fueled rampage or after, I managed to drop someone with the Blutsauger and picked up the Hard to Kill achievement.

Edit: Although this is obviously a bit OT, I figure it's worth mentioning because it directly relates to my fondness for both the Medic's needle guns, and my interest in playing the Demoman (which I've done for a grand total of 30 minutes now). Years ago I used to hang out with friends playing Halo all the time. We established early on that there were definite tiers of skill in our group, and I was somewhere around the middle. This meant that for the most part the games were decided by our two best players and the rest of us just ran around waiting to die. I spent most of my time practicing with grenades; we routinely ran matches with infinite grenades out of convenience.

This practice paid off. I was well known for arcing both frags and plasma grenades across the map, managing to carpet bomb areas behind buildings, as well as mastering the art of tossing frags with just the right bounce to get them to fall down ladders and detonate at whatever point I desired. But there were three perfect moments that stand out.

The first was the least impressive, but still noteworthy. I was being chased down by one of our top two players who had the shotgun. I was expecting to die, dropping plasmas as I went. Then I tossed one and it stuck. Right on his crotch. At that point I just stopped and said, "Dude- I just plasma'd your crotch. Nothing you can do to me is going to be worse than that." He shotgunned me to the face. Then the grenade went boom.

The second was a fight back and forth with another player. We were on Sidewinder and ducking back and forth at the center hallway, both wanting the shield boost but knowing the other guy would make it worthless. So we were popping out from behind the corners, just taking pot shots. Finally I switched to plasmas and waited about half a beat longer than usual, tossed the grenade, and watched. He popped out just in time to have the grenade stick to his faceplate. Boom.

Third, Blood Gulch. I was on one of the ridges, avoiding most of the fight, and decided to shoot some hoops. By which I mean toss grenades at just the right angle that they'd drop down the hole in the enemy base's bunker. I tossed a plasma and watched it arc perfectly, dropping right down in the center of the hole. And was immediately rewarded by one of my friends yelling, "What the F***!?!"

Apparently he'd spawned at exactly the right moment to catch the grenade on his face. Boom.

Time passed, I moved away. I came back to visit and people were on Halo 2. Everyone was running plasma pistol/SMG. Well, I'd always favored the Needler in Halo, despite its shortcomings. So with the SMGs and plasma pistols constantly being grabbed, I picked up dual needlers. People ragged on me for picking a horrible weapon set. Then we played on the Tower map.

Over and over again, I popped out, unloaded both clips into someone at about six feet away, then ducked back into cover just before they detonated. People started hunting me down, but still I'd notice where they were, step into view and turn them into sparkly pink porcupines. One of our best players grabbed the sword and declared he was going to prove it was superior- but I still managed to take him down about half the time before he stabbed me to death. By the end of that visit, people were picking up the needlers just to keep them away from me. I still have fond memories of the sound of twin Needlers unloading sharp pointy death, and then that dual 'ch-chk' followed by the sound and sight of someone exploding into a tinkling pink cloud.

Ahh. :mrgreen:
Stormcaller3801

PreviousNext

Return to Fun