Definitely our finest moment(s)

POOT DISPENSA HEER

Postby Arcalane » Mon Jul 06, 2009 8:07 pm

Have an awesome memory of TF2 rounds? Post 'em. NOW.

I'll start with two;

tc_hydro
Attacking BLU's final point, our team is basically trashing them. In the rooms leading to the cap point (the ones with the opened up ramps) I'm engaging a demoman who is injured and fighting teammates. There's a split-second pause. Shotgun or shovel? Shovel. I have the health to survive the worst. He's a demoman. Best settle this like men! I jump over to him and SMACK! I hear a "JESUS CHRIST!" over voicechat from the guy I just whacked. Death from above, baby!

In hindsight, I'm tempted to have taunted.

cp_gravelpit
Gravelpit offense (BLU), final point. I am the only attacker making my way up. I make it to the top and slip into the room, and moments later a Soldier/Medic combo come up. I reflexively hit the airblast and send them both flying off the tower. The cap continues. ~80%, two more soldiers and a medic come running up. I airblast again out of desperation - my health is ~50, and I figure; it worked before, why the hell not this time? They all go flying, and I manage to finish off the cap, with about 30 health to spare.
Arcalane
Huzzah!

Postby Stormcaller3801 » Mon Jul 06, 2009 8:26 pm

Only one I can think of offhand:

Billiards2
Standing near the red drop area, playing a Soldier. All our balls are at the other end of the table. Launch a rocket, and I watch it fly. Not going to hit anything- it's too high. And then, at just the last moment, an enemy Scout double-jumps, while looking the other way. Boom! Right in the back. Didn't kill him, and didn't affect the match, but it was enjoyable just the same.

Dirtwork
I've no idea whether or not this counts, but it was notable- and someone out there has a screenshot of it. I was playing an Engineer and set up to guard our intelligence. My Sentry wasn't doing too badly on its own- at one point we had a Scout FaN to triple-jump over a wall and ended up getting skeet-shot across the area to ragdoll on the top of the opposite wall. But I had my Sentry in front of me, and my Dispenser to my left. Then another Engineer came in and he set up his Dispenser to my right. As in right next to me. Then one of the team, a bored Pyro, was hitting barrels around the area. He hit one over and it ended up in the corner between my SG and Dispenser. At which point I mentioned something about a fort. That resulted in a barrel hunt, and by the time the round ended, there were barrels to my left, to my right, and above me as I knelt down behind my Sentry Gun. I'm pretty sure it would have been impossible for a Spy to backstab me.
Stormcaller3801

Postby Purplecat » Mon Jul 06, 2009 8:48 pm

ctf_2fort
IT seemed like another impossible turtle situation. But we had a plan and me (as a demoman), Acheron (as a medic) and Arcalane had a plan, met up in the enemy basement and together with yet another class rushed into the enemy base. With me taking out the sentries, Acheron healing and Arcalane plain covering me we actually succeeded to push into the enemy base and take the intel. We did that several times in a row, and what seemed to be a hopeless tf2 match wasn't as hopeless in the end.
Purplecat
Site Admin

Postby Arcalane » Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:30 pm

pl_hoodoo (who got the hoodoo? I do? you do!)
I think this screenshot speaks for itself... click for the full version.
Arcalane
Huzzah!

Return to Fun