[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
The Furry Pound forums • View topic - How to succeed with Pyros....

How to succeed with Pyros....

POOT DISPENSA HEER

Postby CrashFu » Sat Jul 18, 2009 6:33 am

CrashFu

Postby Kellervo » Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:33 pm

I'm a shaaark
I'm a shaaark!
You know what to do. :v
Kellervo

Postby Stormcaller3801 » Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:10 pm

By that measure I'm a bad Pyro, but I'm really, really good at it.

I never play Pyro to kill and survive. I don't survive. I don't expect to. I die regardless of class, and I die often. I don't go looking to die, but I don't avoid it either. When I play Pyro it's with a single goal: disruption. Set people on fire. Drive them back. Attract their attention away from their goals. Waste their time. Killing people does that, but so does lighting them on fire. A Medic who's on fire will focus on his own survival, not advancing. He may pop his Uber early or he may just run for a Medkit. Regardless, his Buddy's not going to be as effective, or not advancing. That's to my team's advantage. Or I keep Spies out of the intel room, or protect the Engie's base, or eliminate some of the people attacking. I wipe out buildings, get Snipers to run in circles with something other than a rifle or bow in hand, move Stickies and send Scouts rushing off to find water. Heavies waste bullets on something other than my teammates, usually stopping where they are in the meantime, Spies head for easier targets, Soldiers worry about something other than that Sentry Gun that's been preventing their advance.

I don't mind being a bad Pyro.
Stormcaller3801

Previous

Return to Fun