[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
The Furry Pound forums • View topic - How to succeed with Pyros....

How to succeed with Pyros....

POOT DISPENSA HEER

Postby Fenriswulfdemon » Mon Jun 15, 2009 3:30 am

I loled....and then I cried

(Overdone, but nyeehhhhh)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B170dwf7Z7I
Fenriswulfdemon

Postby iller » Mon Jun 15, 2009 5:17 am

gj!

Someone needs to make a spray out of the BG image at the end.
iller

Postby Purplecat » Mon Jun 15, 2009 5:21 am

I was gonna make a mouse1+w joke but then... I saw the video.

>_>

Joke is uneeded.
Purplecat
Site Admin

Postby Kumagoro » Mon Jun 15, 2009 8:02 am

You see a raging mumbling abomination spewing flames all over the place, what do you do

1. Run towards him to maximize damage I deal
2. Stay in place, he won't get here in time
3. Back off, pick him from a distance where he'll do jack shit

Most people choose the first two answers for some reason...
Kumagoro

Postby Jinx » Mon Jun 15, 2009 12:53 pm

Extreme LOL @ 2:07. That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen xD. The main problem that I've seen is that nobody seems to actually attack pyros once they start flaming everywhere, they just run around like chickens with their heads cut off (although one could argue that W+M1 pyros are doing the same lol). With the flames clouding one's field of view and people backpedaling, this "simple-minded tactic" seems to catch a lot of people off guard.

Random theorycraft:
TF2 has a backpedal penalty of 10%. The scout (133%), medic (107%), engineer (100%), pyro (100%), sniper (100%), and spy (100%) can all outrun or match the pyro's speed if they are facing away from him and running (although this can be dangerous if the pyro is using the backburner). If they're backpedaling? Only the scout still has enough speed to outrun the pyro.
Jinx

Postby Purplecat » Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:07 pm

The 10% penalty is something people isn't very aware of, but it's defiantly something I tend to keep in mind when pyros are literally starting to flow in from the enemy team. Just keep in mind that a pyro with backburner will own you from behind too, so not backpedaling can be very very hurting in tha case.

Pyros have amongst the most kills in the game, but note that heavies tops the list. They been topping the list ever since they got the limited bullet spread buff, although it looks like Valve did manage to close down the gap a bit compared to when I last checked the graph. Plus it's "average" too, which dosen't really say much about the skill level of the average.

My biggest beef with pyro is that the flame effect is shorter than the hit detection. Last I checked it's graphical effect is still shorter than it's hit detection.

Ironically sometimes a desperate melee attacks is the best way to take out some pyros. But it really depends on what class you're playing. I seen too many pyros who don't even seem to try aiming, and those tend to fall victim to my critscrumpy. :)
Purplecat
Site Admin

Postby Ayeaka » Mon Jun 15, 2009 7:57 pm

Just watched, and wow.

Seriously, WOW.

W+M1ers are VERY easy to stop if you have even a lick of brainpower. Last time we had alltalk on I don't know how many I pissed off as spy just jokingly yelling "toro, toro!" and leaping aside with my revolver on numerous occasions, while firing. Even better when you leap to the side and sidestab them.
Olé!

Is frustrating as medic when your entire team can't seem to stop one W+M1, though...
Frau Chimäre~
The doctor will see you now.
Ayeaka

Postby Leif » Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:05 pm

Now, REAL pyros, on the other hand...
Leif

Postby Ayeaka » Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:09 am

Frau Chimäre~
The doctor will see you now.
Ayeaka

Postby Makaze » Tue Jun 16, 2009 1:36 pm

;-; *hugs his Pyro plushie* Don't worry hun I still love you. *rocks in his corner quietly singing burning down the house*

Makaze

Next

Return to Fun