[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
The Furry Pound forums • View topic - Not our finest moment

Not our finest moment

POOT DISPENSA HEER

Postby Ayeaka » Sat Jun 27, 2009 3:18 am

Running through groups of people undetected, then realizing...right as I go to stab..

Fuck.

I'm not disguised.

I died nearly instantly.

(Ok, so I was a LIIIIIIIIIIITTLE drunk.)
Frau Chimäre~
The doctor will see you now.
Ayeaka

Postby Pitchblack » Sat Jun 27, 2009 3:22 am

... wow, fail.

Rocketjuming up to a sniper's nest, ready to take the bastard out, only to realize at the last moment that there's a sentry up there. On the roof. On Aerospace.

Surviving then sentry, then realizing that it BLEW YOU OFF THE EDGE OF THE MAP.

:\
*They stand in my road
.....The mad, ancient nasty things
.......... tell them MOVE! or else!*
Pitchblack

Postby Leif » Mon Jun 29, 2009 4:01 am

Leif

Postby Ayeaka » Mon Jun 29, 2009 5:37 am

Wrench-killing three snipers only to turn around the corner.
Into an enemy sentry.

As an engineer.

You don't see many engie sentry deaths...
Frau Chimäre~
The doctor will see you now.
Ayeaka

Postby Arcalane » Mon Jun 29, 2009 11:25 pm

Arcalane
Huzzah!

Postby Leif » Mon Jun 29, 2009 11:59 pm

Leif

Postby Stormcaller3801 » Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:03 am

I do that sort of thing. But it's typically impelled by two bits of information with which I have become most comfortable and, to a certain degree, serene:

First, and foremost, there is the requisite individual, either in chat or via voice, who says something to the effect of, "Touch the cart!" or, "Stop them!" or, "Now, everybody attack!" Which by some strange quirk of fate never seems to provide sufficient motivation to anyone except for myself, at least within eyeshot.

Second, the full understanding and acceptance that I will die, repeatedly and with great haste, over the course of a round, to the point wherein I may find myself spending so much time between bodies as within them as I could likely qualify for some degree of Buddhist title of the clerical sort, and this will happen regardless of my actions or opinion in the matter.

Which ultimately results in the understanding and acceptance that if I'm going to end up looking at a still frame that includes a helpful arrow pointing out which oddly shaped bit is my liver, then I might as well do so after I've done my best to be helpful, and by helpful I mean charge into places and situations where no sane person would ever dare to be.

Which also just goes to show you that I should either read Discworld books and enjoy Terry Pratchett's style of writing, or attempt to compose wittily graphed posts about my own lack of skill, and not try both at the same time, as you end up with posts in Terry Pratchett's style of writing, graphed with a lack of wit or skill.
Stormcaller3801

Postby CAPTAIN_BRUMBL3Z » Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:54 pm

Trying to bat <insert skilled demoman or sniper here> to death after wailing on them with my FaN leads to endlessly getting crit by their ten foot magnet melee weapons without fail and often then finding out I took out about 1/10th of their health somehow.

I really don't get it. I'll do this with randoms and the less skilled, effortlessly demolishing them when I ambush them, yet it's as if the other top players have deflector shields every time I attack them at any ambush opportunity and then get a free 2 seconds of kritzkrieg so they can crit me when I flail my bat around them ]:8|
CAPTAIN_BRUMBL3Z

Postby Amethyst_Lynx » Fri Jul 03, 2009 7:02 pm

Had one a few days ago on Turbine... I was playing a heavy, and we're near the briefcase. My medic ubers me... rather than trying to take down the enemy pyro near me, or the enemy heavy near me, or the enemy scout, I focus on the level 1 sentry and it's engineer... When the uber ended life wasn't pleasant...

And by the way, I wasn't able to take down the sentry.
Amethyst_Lynx

Postby Stormcaller3801 » Fri Jul 03, 2009 7:27 pm

Game of Bedroom2, Scout vs Scout. I unloaded a full scattergun at the other guy, at short range, having him in my sight the entire time. Then while I'm running backwards and he's running backwards, about ten feet apart, he swings his bat. Boom, I'm dead. I check his health bar to see what's what, I've done maybe half the upper bar of his + in damage.

Later on, running through several maps, got steamrolled. Badly. I was playing Engineer, and trying to set up defenses. I'd look up and see, say, four teammates on the last point, no enemies in sight. So I'd start building a Sentry. Then there's a couple bursts of gunfire, and we've lost. Dustbowl was one of the maps; I remember setting up on the second point, got a dispenser up and starting on a Sentry. I could hear things get going at the first point. Next thing I know, the Sniper standing next to me saps my stuff, backstabs me, and we've lost. In the space of about three seconds. Next, I set up behind the point, to shoot up at anyone grabbing the first point. Level 2 Sentry is up about five seconds after the gates open. It gets off half a burst of fire and it blows, then I'm dropped by a rocket. Immediately after death, we lose the point. Respawn, start to set up a Sentry, another Engie has a level 3 set up already. Watch as a Spy methodically cuts down half a dozen people before I wrench him, then I die, then we lose the point.

Never even saw it coming.
Stormcaller3801

PreviousNext

Return to Fun