[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
The Furry Pound forums • View topic - Spawn Layout, Ideas & Suggestions

Spawn Layout, Ideas & Suggestions

We don't need no stinkin' blueprints.

Postby Pink_Luigi » Fri Sep 30, 2011 1:56 am

ITT: Discussion over ideas for a new layout of the spawning areas to suggest to Caigan, upon his return.

MawringFox made up two mockups for layouts, named after the 'shape' they take.
Personally I'd vote in favor of Design A.

Design A

Design O

The Community Center for both designs is intended as a Go-To point for new players looking for a hand, older players to dump their excess stock of items, and for both to go to for in-server info.
The idea for it was to have a fancy, stylized building that served as a safe spawn. A community chest for people to dump unwanted or unneeded items, and thus allow less established characters to take in order to become established. As well as a possible billboard or two comprised of a number of signs on a wall. One protected and for news and comments from the OPs, and perhaps a 2nd for random graffiti of other players.

The Public Farms are pretty self-describing. A designated area, likely walled off against mobs, to be filled with all sorts of farming equipment and machines. I myself have a number of compact, efficient, and semi to full automatic farming machines. Which I'll take pictures of and show in a new post here, later.
Either way the spawn farms can include anything that is possible to be farmed, sans a Mob Grinder, as those are a bit too laggy to be placed so close to a spawn.
Automatic Cobblestone, Obsidian, Sand & Gravel generators. A compact, efficient Tree farm. Automated Cacti, Reed, Wheat and possibly Melon/Pumpkin farms.
With some luck there may even be food generators, or at least an animal pen for wool, milk and egg gathering.

Feel free to suggest, request and debate as you please. This thread is for collecting and merging ideas. To try and let everyone who participates have a say on what our new home looks like. :D
Last edited by Pink_Luigi on Sat Oct 29, 2011 2:06 am, edited 2 times in total.
Pink_Luigi

Postby Pink_Luigi » Fri Sep 30, 2011 2:47 am

Reserved for Farm schematics & pictures. :D
Pink_Luigi

Postby Pink_Luigi » Sat Oct 01, 2011 10:00 pm

So many views,
Yet not a single reply?

This makes me sadface. :(
Pink_Luigi

Postby Aro_So » Sun Oct 23, 2011 7:35 pm

I for one was blown away by the cooked pork chop device in the current temp. map. Truly it is a wonder for players new to the server, at least it was for me. since it meant that I didn't have to worry about food until I was well away from the main town. I still make 'pilgrimages' to the temple of the screaming pig. The Obsidian maker is also ingenious, and I was thrilled when I saw the sticky piston farm. Call me silly, but I haven't yet mastered the sand and gravel maker. The cobblestone maker is also really intriguing, but since I accumulate so much of it naturally through digging and mining, I really haven't had a need for it. The community message board is also really sweet, but should probably be bigger, and made easier to use as an in game forum of sorts.

Aside from the single giant communal monster harvester proposed elsewhere, I tend to think that with all these devices, as well as the public tool shed, just about all bases that can be covered have been. Aesthetics would be the only thing I'd say could be improved upon for the future 1.9 spawn area. These devices are awesome and should therefore be in an epic setting! Like a giant screaming pig temple!
My FA: http://www.furaffinity.net/user/aro~so/
Aro_So

Postby Pink_Luigi » Sun Oct 23, 2011 8:27 pm

Pink_Luigi

Postby caigan » Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:00 am

------------
Caigan MythFang / Psycho Wolf Pup / Kowa Laoka
WOOOLLFRREETTTTTTTT!!!
"I am more realistic than you can ever be, for I live within Fantasy!"
Color Artist and sorta-owner of House Rules - Ozy and Millie strips in COLOR!
caigan

Postby Chittebengo » Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:49 am

Theme will likely be influenced by where we spawn. Pink had a nice Eastern theme gazebo going on and I've seen a few Asiatic themed cities.

I still want to make a city that is vertical, one massive, communal tree divided into tiers.

I can picture one made of ice and snow, or one made of "mud" and vines in a swampy setting, or one made of sandstone/cooked stone in desert. A traditional square design is boring, I've found. Rounded would be nice, or some other fun design. Star shape?

Caigan, are there any intentions on increasing the sky limit?
Chittebengo

Postby Pink_Luigi » Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:52 am

How about a flea market type deal for the player made shops, and and a series of packed shops for your Mall to move in to? Akin to like the multiple, shallow shops along a shopping center?
I've got the industrial type things handled. If you log in to the current TFP server you'll see a number of brick-made farm equipment, all of my design. I made them to each be like a 'forge' for whatever item they are designed to create.

As for an eatery. I have a number of ideas for completely automated porkchop and steak machines that use animal spawners. If you're comfortable with the build team using those sparingly, I can make something easy. (I've actually got an automated pork cooker in the current map, have a look to see what I mean)

Jail might be interesting, you want something like the Deadpool Island? Or a more 'real' jail?
Pink_Luigi

Postby Chittebengo » Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:53 am

My MS Paint skills are limited. This is the general idea I've got for a tree city. I do plan to make one some day, but it will be a huge undertaking to make it look like an actual, real world tree and be functional.

You may call this the Bengobab tree. I'm uncertain if it suits the ideas we need precisely, but I'm enamoured with the idea.
Attachments
Treecity.png
General tree layout
Treecity.png (45.79 KiB) Viewed 21789 times
Chittebengo

Postby caigan » Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:19 am

I somewhat like the tree idea, but to pull it off nice I think I'd have to find a vertical limit plugin to increase map height.

I'm not willing to do that right now because of the risk. If the plugin author no longer updates the plugin, it could break the current map.Not willing to risk that right now.

When I first generate the new map I will try to make sure we are at the center of a large, interesting biome.

No sand cities though. I've seen too many and worked on too many very recently. I will probably be aiming for a large snow biome, to let you guys know ahead of time.

The flea market sounds like a great idea. The 'server' shops will sell VERY expensive, and buy VERY cheap, to facilitate player economy.

The eateries....a few animal spawners may be okay, but only if they go directly into the cooking machine, and if they connect directly to the 'restaurant' so folks can grab some food before heading away. =)

As for the jail, a normal jail please. I might make deadpool island again, but it'll way out of the way and for very special cases.
------------
Caigan MythFang / Psycho Wolf Pup / Kowa Laoka
WOOOLLFRREETTTTTTTT!!!
"I am more realistic than you can ever be, for I live within Fantasy!"
Color Artist and sorta-owner of House Rules - Ozy and Millie strips in COLOR!
caigan

Next

Return to Maps & Projects