[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
The Furry Pound forums • View topic - Spawn Layout, Ideas & Suggestions

Spawn Layout, Ideas & Suggestions

We don't need no stinkin' blueprints.

Postby Chittebengo » Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:51 pm

I counter with this.

Rings are 120/90/60/30. Slightly below and on the outside I plan to put a hollow ring about 4 - 5 blocks thick to function as a pathway and loading area that docks to the main land.

Com Cen would bore down into the middle of the city and other access ports on different rings would connect each level to operations in the centre for RATS and whatever else can fit inside.
Chittebengo

Postby MawringFox » Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:29 pm

This is probably the 6th layout posted here.

Well.. the roads are based on the H layout with the spawn in the center.

Base Layout:

After Chitte gave me the idea with a castle.. I did this:

Here is the layout I would use:

JC = Jail
CC = Community Center

Some Details:
This is Caigans Idea (same with the Inn and Jail)

Community Chests (with stairs to underground tunnels)/Center + Toolshed

Gate (x2, one on each half)

Underground tunnel that connects the spawn Middle with the north and south walls.
It also has empty stores for people to employ (currently 12, can be extended to 24), each shop has its own backroom and toilet :P just for fun

Inside of the tunnel where shops and spawn tunnel meet.

The shops cut to show the tunnels. (Blue border shows the mall above)
On the bottom the wall is shown which can be used to walk around the island.

I probably worked 15hours on that. not sure anymore xD now I need to construct some buildings
MawringFox

Postby Pink_Luigi » Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:10 am

As it turns out. Chitte and myself have seemingly agreed to move along with Mawringfox's design. Containing an H-shape cut through the platform.
He's been nice to boot up his personal server with the prototype imported and we spent a few good hours throwing ideas and building. I'm here to post screenshots with our first work day's progress.

First an updated top-down. I talked Mawr in to swapping around some of the earlier marked positions of his buildings. Combining some to make room for more.

The CC (Community Center) was combined with the previous Chest area. Despite them still being distinctly different in the picture. It'll just be one building housing all the functions of the CC. Community chests, Bulletin boards, and the spawn/warp landing point.
Ignore the green wool. We all built right on top of the wool markers shown in the Topdown view above.

What was originally the CC, we've refurbished in to an Alchemy lab. Which contains a number of cauldrons, brewing stands, and an enchanting book with the maximum bookshelves to allow lvl 50 spells.
Ignore the poor lighting inside the flask. Mawr tells me that's a bug with the prerelease, the glass isn't allowing light through like it should.
Also ignore the pink wool. We all built right on top of the wool markers shown in the Topdown view above.

One change not reflected in the Topdown view is where we widened the road just above the Inn, and expanded the tower on the outer wall in to a gate. Making it in to the town's main entrance. Chitte started work on making an Inn, but alas Mawr had to shut down for the night at that point. It'll get finished tomorrow.

You may also notice that the JL (Jail) section previously below the Inn has been replaced by a poor depiction of a Porkchop. We buried the jail underground towards the top corner of the Farm section, and instead reserved the JL section for a Diner. Making use of my automatic Pork Cooker.

I'm a little sad this design doesn't allow me to make full use of all my farm equipment. But honestly. I work a little better under pressure. I picked out what machines were most 'essential' for new players needing a helping hand, or experienced players needing a quick material boost.
Going from Left to Right, shown as the brick outlines: Sand Forge, Cobblestone Forge, Wheat farm, Tree farm. With my Obsidian Forge being that smaller brick outline in the top-middle.

And as mentioned previously. I tucked the underground entrance to the jail in the upper corner and out of the way. It's the downward stair well outlined by fence.

Lastly. Mawr's platform has a pretty big gut on it, We'll likely have to go with the "Void Stamp" idea. Where the town is left floating over a section of the world cleared all the way through bedrock, effectively leaving a hole in the world and in to the void. We're working on various ideas of how to decorate it up so it's not just a plain wall of stone. But this at least shows what shape will be seen by onlookers outside of the town.
Pink_Luigi

Postby Jinx » Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:55 pm

Keep up the awesome work guys, all of these designs look amazing
Jinx

Postby Chittebengo » Sun Nov 13, 2011 8:29 am

UPDATE:

With 1.0.0 live, Mawr, Pink and myself have the city on a map that will become the final map. We're busy trying to make everything look nice, experimenting with designs. We're also awaiting Caigan to come in an install his portions.

Here is a quick shot of what we have so far. The surrounding terrain is beautiful and the sides of the hole made open into some epic caverns.

Chittebengo

Postby Chittebengo » Thu Nov 24, 2011 3:22 pm

At this point, we need OP setting to let us fix the spawn region (or have it removed), some more work needs to be done on the bridge and I want to put a large "belt" on the city.

We still need the RATS system or its equivalent added as well, this being a major project.
Chittebengo

Postby Sekh765 » Thu Nov 24, 2011 8:26 pm

What happens if someone falls off? Or glitches through the floor and falls to their death? Am I going to have to be constantly fielding "I lost all my stuff" messages? :(

It looks very pretty though :D
Your friendly local Buffett-Bird spy. ^_^
My spy video!
Sekh765

Postby Chittebengo » Fri Nov 25, 2011 3:11 am

No one should glitch through the floor to their deaths, and so long as you aren't playing on the cliff, you won't fall from the city... Though I am trying to convince Pink that we need a "Suicide Booth" people can go in -to- fall to their deaths.

Otherwise, yes, it goes right to the nether and you will lose your stuff if you jump down there.
Chittebengo

Postby Yashendwirh » Fri Nov 25, 2011 5:32 am

Lol, really? A suicide booth? What kind of sick sick person likes to jump to their death even in play. I nearly piss myself if I fall more than 10 blocks. :lol:
Yashendwirh

Postby Sekh765 » Fri Nov 25, 2011 6:41 am

Your friendly local Buffett-Bird spy. ^_^
My spy video!
Sekh765

PreviousNext

Return to Maps & Projects