[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
The Furry Pound forums • View topic - Spawn Layout, Ideas & Suggestions

Spawn Layout, Ideas & Suggestions

We don't need no stinkin' blueprints.

Postby Sekh765 » Wed Oct 26, 2011 3:57 pm

I assume once the spawn city is finished it can/will be adminlocked to prevent crazy looting? Or are we going to leave it open.

Also, fuck yea asian theme.
Your friendly local Buffett-Bird spy. ^_^
My spy video!
Sekh765

Postby Pink_Luigi » Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:53 pm

Pink_Luigi

Postby Pink_Luigi » Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:59 pm

Pink_Luigi

Postby Sekh765 » Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:35 pm

Your friendly local Buffett-Bird spy. ^_^
My spy video!
Sekh765

Postby Pink_Luigi » Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:23 pm

Pink_Luigi

Postby Chittebengo » Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:36 pm

Snow would work well for a number of things. I've been wanting to build a 3D maze out of ice, actually. Or glass.

The sky limit with the tree is really the biggest problem, but wouldn't that be as bad as losing world guard and suddenly contained fires are eating everything?

I've heard a rumour of Notch making sky limit an admin toggle, too, at some point.
Chittebengo

Postby Pink_Luigi » Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:29 pm

Pink_Luigi

Postby Chittebengo » Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:25 pm

I still say tree. Beautiful, beautiful tree. Mostly because I want to do it one day anyways, this way removes material costs, and maybe get some creative minds to help make it look nice. :p

I like the oriental theme as well.

Another theme I'd like to see would be snow/ice, steampunk industrial. Imagine soviet union in a fantasy setting. Pink, your air ship layouts would be quite useful here. I'm picturing some kind of super power in an icy, frigid north gearing up for mass invasion, so heavy industry and craft production with possible garrisons and of course a high, frozen, snowy wall and parapet. Also can see visible lava flows used for lighting, but that has always been a favourite feature for me.

It would fit in well with the nether rail system theme-wise.

Badger spawn? Or are we going to trend away from animal named spawns this time?
Chittebengo

Postby Pink_Luigi » Sat Oct 29, 2011 12:12 am

Pink_Luigi

Postby Pink_Luigi » Sat Oct 29, 2011 2:41 am

Here's some of the designs I have already.

Stalls.
The leftmost works best in a tiled floor scenario, as I'll show in the pictures below.
The middle is my favorite, as they can be stacked back to back creating a row, and is perfectly sized to have a final stall on the very end.
The right one is a news stand deal I picked up from a schematic, thought it was worth tossing in.

Oriental / Feudal Walling.
When I was working on my old pagoda project (Which I'll talk about below), I'd planned on making an area for all my farm equipment, and walling it in for protection. I started fooling around and made this wall design that I thought was fitting, and made to be spider-proof. The glass sections can hold Glowstone inside to light up the area, or perhaps lava with the server's Worldguard active.

Stairs and Shed
Just a picture of where I kept playing, made fitting stairs and a corner-embedded 'Tool shed' deal. You'll notice I made the floor out of single half blocks. They stack up nicely, and work well with the design of....

Installed Stalls.
This is what I meant about the leftmost stalls working here. Using a floor of single half blocks. We can put the stalls on stone blocks to give them a slightly risen effect, without looking awkward. That idea works very well with houses, buildings and whatever else you'd want to put within this area.

Heaven/Earth/Hell Pagoda
This was a schematic I picked up, which originally gave me the idea of an oriental style area. I wanted an excuse to take the original building on the right, flip it upside down and invert it's colors. and build it inside the nether as a 'Hell' themed copy of it. In the background is a dark wood and glass copy, designed for the upcoming sky dimension. I'll admit this would be fun to do in the TFP's map if we go with this design.

Sinks!
Sinks are something I've been really loving lately. They're a source of endless water, as well as a trash dump for unwanted junk. It's an endless water spring suspended over a lava pit. Allowing for water to be taken off the top, and items to drop through and be incinerated below.
The whirlpool fountain would look lovely in a park, the middle well great for the center of a town since it also acts as a directional post, and the smaller well on the top for the outskirts of towns or along the streets.

I'll post later with some more feudal style buildings, as well as a list of all the automated farm equipment I have.
Pink_Luigi

PreviousNext

Return to Maps & Projects