Rapid Area Transport System. (Project Refurbished)

We don't need no stinkin' blueprints.

Postby Sekh765 » Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:15 am

They look like Zelda areas. :O
Your friendly local Buffett-Bird spy. ^_^
My spy video!
Sekh765

Postby CheeseCAKE » Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:49 am

This is VERY true! or mabie its like the nether portals are like Mario's magical paintings from super mario 64

Thats a Win.
I'm Third...the best way to live.

You guys can follow me on Grooveshark if ya wunt :3 http://grooveshark.com/#/
CheeseCAKE

Postby Pink_Luigi » Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:24 am

After doing some trial and error, and a bit of math. Found out that Chitte was originally correct. The correct outline of the RATS system, according to Minecraft's compass directions are as follows, with the top lines being northward, and bottom being south.

Swamp, Sand, Ender
Stone, Snow, Grass
Mine, Water, Steel

Also. I've finished all the cosmetic upgrades to the various major stations. So they look more like their theme, less like a bunch of props thrown in a stone shell.
Every station but Swamp and Mine were updated this way, as those two were built completely through from the start and didn't need this 'upgrade'.

Water

Stone

Steel

Snow

Sand

Grass

Ender

In addition, Chitte and I have some future projects already in mind. Since a number of the RATS nether portals lead to vast, open oceans in the overworld. We figured we'd help by creating our own zones. But rather then build an entire city ourselves. We'd mostly just build them as empty 'platforms' and allow other players interested to build their own homes inside.

The project's name, followed by what RATS station it would be built over in the Overworld
    Rafter's Isle: Grass RATS. The idea was simply to create some minimalist 'rafts' or empty boats floating atop the water. Made of varying sizes, and linked together by simple bridges. The idea was to give off how some island chains have houses built floating on the water in close proximity.
    Atlantis: Stone RATS. As the name implies. It would be a large glass shell keeping dry a section of the ocean floor. Allowing people to build below sea level. It may require shaving off a few layers of the ocean's floor, so there's more room for the dome and buildings. Was thinking of making it only accessible by RATS. But I may put some sort of airlock in there, and leave the "RATS Access only" thing to this next idea.
    Airship Armada: Steel RATS. Similar to the Rafter's Isle idea. I was thinking of chaining together a number of small to large airships, and some small floating islands. While I can see an airlock of some type in Atlantis. It would look funny having a tall ladder reaching up to an airship. Unless there's a way to make ladders float or stick to fences, making a rope ladder like bit. This may very well end up only accessable via the RATS portal.
    Floating Continent: Mine RATS. This idea I got from Chitte. Copying the server's seed. I'd use MCedit to cut out a mass chunk of land around where the Mine RATS overworld portal stands. Hoist it up in to the air. Then erode around the cliff left behind, as well as the bottom of the lifted landmass. Make it look less like a giant square cut out of the earth, more like a massive chunk of land suddenly sent afloat. 'Course this would also leave a large section of open void, or 'Void stamp' similar to where spawn is settled.

ALSO! None of us have yet to come up with a name to the spawn. I was hoping for something that could be set to a theme if we ever decide to build alternate spawn towns. Much like how the previous map had Tiger, Wolf, and the like. I didn't wanna reuse the same 'theme' but still wanted something that could turn out to be a theme if we build additional spawns.
Last edited by Pink_Luigi on Fri Dec 02, 2011 6:20 am, edited 2 times in total.
Pink_Luigi

Postby CheeseCAKE » Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:49 am

How well would cargo (chest minecarts) go through the systems? or are you guys just gunna build a small access chute for the cargo?
I'm Third...the best way to live.

You guys can follow me on Grooveshark if ya wunt :3 http://grooveshark.com/#/
CheeseCAKE

Postby Pink_Luigi » Fri Dec 02, 2011 4:03 am

CheeseCAKE wrote:How well would cargo (chest minecarts) go through the systems? or are you guys just gunna build a small access chute for the cargo?

RATS is more meant for people. Sure you could send a chest cart down. But send too many of any cart down a line and it'll clog up. Hopefully that won't become a problem.
Pink_Luigi

Postby Chittebengo » Fri Dec 02, 2011 4:38 am

I assumed the spawns would be named by their corresponding stations, really.

I'm all for the floating continent idea. Would need to be an area that would just be big but within the overlap limits of the nether portals.

I also still want to carve out down to bedrock and make a place for mega tree, Pink! Grass would make sense, but none of the station themes really correspond to their overworld exit.
Chittebengo

Postby Pink_Luigi » Fri Dec 02, 2011 4:42 am

Chittebengo wrote:I assumed the spawns would be named by their corresponding stations, really.

Having 6 out of 9 stations be "Vast, endless ocean" themed would be too redundant. :P
Pink_Luigi

Postby Chittebengo » Fri Dec 02, 2011 5:02 am

Oh, you. We plan to do something to those oceans, you know! One of the stations opens to swamp... tada, swamp rat. One I planned to make a tree... grass/wood rats. Frost opens to main city which is icy. We could fill in an ocean with a cut-out chunk of seed-generated desert
Chittebengo

Postby Pink_Luigi » Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:50 pm

Did some planning and changed up some things. All the descriptions are the same, just changed the locations.

Rafter's Isle will be over Sand RATS
Atlantis will be over Swamp
Airship Armada will be over Steel
Floating Continent goes over Stone
And Chitte's giant tree. Treetebengo, will be placed in Grass.
Pink_Luigi

Postby Sekh765 » Sat Dec 03, 2011 7:08 pm

With your giant projects almost finished, but bukkit still not out, is there some way we can map this thing out for people and have that laying around when we finally go live? That'd be awesome.
Your friendly local Buffett-Bird spy. ^_^
My spy video!
Sekh765

PreviousNext

Return to Maps & Projects