[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
The Furry Pound forums • View topic - Rapid Area Transport System. (Project Refurbished)

Rapid Area Transport System. (Project Refurbished)

We don't need no stinkin' blueprints.

Postby Chittebengo » Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:43 pm

I'd love to help map the world in whatever capacity I can be used.
Last edited by Chittebengo on Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Chittebengo

Postby MawringFox » Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:17 pm

i have already mapped 75% of 400 regions (1 region is 1024 chunks)

I plan to release an area of 104,85km² (thats 10.24km * 10.24km)

5120blocks towards each direction from the world Origin (0,64,0)

315659 / 409600 = 77.06%
MawringFox

Postby Pink_Luigi » Sun Dec 04, 2011 12:42 am

I'm looking in to some good markers for the overworld, to point out RATS portals that have been dropped in the wild. IE, aren't made obvious by being tied to a city or such. I was thinking of using Chitte's arrow idea, but putting it on a balloon of some sorts, so it can be hung right up against the skybox over the portal. Make it obvious both in day and night to those who are in range to see it.

This is what I've got just off the top of my head, could use some ideas.

Pink_Luigi

Postby griffin » Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:35 pm

I'm claiming one of the vast ocean areas and calling it Grinderville. Place for elaborate, overkill machines of resource harvesting.
And possibly another adjacent ocean area for an Area 51 project, place to demo various piston/redstone powered contraptions.

Being half serious here, but you never know.
I'm trying to imagine myself with a personality.
griffin

Postby Pink_Luigi » Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:44 pm

Pink_Luigi

Postby griffin » Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:43 am

Steam was glitching yesterday, all my invites were broken with no names or avatars displayed. Approved yours.
I'll need to do a little bit more research into the spawning algorithm before I can start sketching actual plans, dimensions - coordinates and all that. What I need to investigate is aligning spawn floors with chunk boundaries to maximize spawn success rates. I don't know how how map coordinates relate to chuck boundaries yet.

Initially was planning to build a combined passive/hostile mob grinder that could be converted from one to another with the help of some redstone, pistons and lava pillars for light. But then seeing as how it's being said the grinder would be public service, building those separately would make more sense.
Chit is saying that passive mob spawning is broken with mobs not despawning any more - but I still think the passive grinder would make sense in a way that if server can still spawn passive mobs, it will spawn them in the grinder which grinder will harvest - the only difference is in the output.
I also haven't found a good way to grind endermen. These things are pests in the way that they pick up blocks. If the grinder was built with the possibility of spawning them (spawn floors 3 blocks high), they'd quickly take the grinder apart seeing as how their spawn rates would be significant. Sticking with two high spawn floors for now.

I don't have a good eye for aesthetic beauty unless it hits me on the head with a mossy stone block so beautifying the thing would not be something I will be capable of.

PS
Chit had an idea for a controlled, spawner fed gladiator arena as well as melee dub/xp grinder. The former will make more sense as a separate installation while the latter is already planned for with the hostile mob supergrinder.
I'm trying to imagine myself with a personality.
griffin

Postby Pink_Luigi » Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:04 pm

Pink_Luigi

Previous

Return to Maps & Projects