Map reset anyone?

NO CREEPERS ALLOWED

Postby Asalis » Sun Sep 22, 2013 2:14 am

I am not always a regular on this server but i've been curious for a while now about this. ever since the latest updates into 1.5 and later 1.6 there have been a lot of updates that i've been wanting to check out a lot of new features that have come out and have seen on other servers, even established ones after it was decided that they do a map reset. Well in order for me to find all these new features i had to go way off the known map to uncharted lands. So I thought that since there's a lot of builds that on the mainland that have gone unused, unfinished or have been entirely abandoned for who knows how long, maybe it's time that the map be wiped clean and a new one created for a whole new start? What do you guys think?
Asalis

Postby Focslain » Wed Sep 25, 2013 3:30 am

Granted I have yet to join in the mining fun. But to be honest this doesn't sound too bad of an idea. The issue comes from those that have placed a large amount of work and are semi active (logging in the last say 3 months).

I heard that you can copy parts of existing maps and transfer them to new worlds. This might help in at least rebuilding one or two spawn camps for re-populating the server.
Focslain

Return to Minecraft