'End of stream' error

NO CREEPERS ALLOWED

Postby Raffe » Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:19 pm

When I try to connect to server, it flashes something for half a second, then says Connection Lost, End of stream, and dumps me back to title screen. Any workaround?
Raffe

Postby Altoryu » Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:38 pm

Its probably due to the most recent update to minecraft. Hoping it will be fixed in the next day or two.
Altoryu

Postby Asalis » Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:27 pm

Yeah, getting the same error here to. looks like someone is online though. I see 1 person.
Asalis

Postby Brummbaer » Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:54 pm

Any idea when and if the server will be fixed for 1.3.1?
Brummbaer

Postby caigan » Sun Aug 05, 2012 8:58 pm

My apologies folks, forgot to send a group announcement when 1.3 was released.

Bukkit itself is NOT updated to 1.3.1 outside of Development test builds. I don't use these builds on our server due to the possibilty of corrupting data, sometimes unseen for weeks, whereas rollling the map back is not a fun idea.

Stick with 1.2.5 for now. There are multiple programs on the minecraft forums that will let you move back to older builds.
------------
Caigan MythFang / Psycho Wolf Pup / Kowa Laoka
WOOOLLFRREETTTTTTTT!!!
"I am more realistic than you can ever be, for I live within Fantasy!"
Color Artist and sorta-owner of House Rules - Ozy and Millie strips in COLOR!
caigan

Postby Weese » Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:07 am

Hello

I have been looking for over 45 minutes for a good way to go back to 1.2.5, with no avail. Please, if anyone has a good way to do this, post it for me. :P
I miss the server, and have been unable to log on for a few days D:

Thank you in advance for any help.
Weese
Weese

Postby griffin » Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:15 pm

Press Windows key + R, paste "%appdata%\.minecraft\bin" in the command prompt (without the quotes).
You should see some JAR files named minecraft-1.2.5.jar, minecraft.jar and possibly others. Delete the minecraft.jar and copy minecraft-1.2.5.jar in its place.
I'm trying to imagine myself with a personality.
griffin

Postby Weese » Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:53 am

Thank you for your help.

Unfortunately I was not able to fund the older Minecraft.jar file, just the new one.
I tried to download it from what looked like a good source, but it did not work. I needed to re install Minecraft after that due to having deleted the file I replaced. (Duh) :P

Is there any other way to go back to 1.2.5, or is it likely I did something wrong?

Thank you again for your help.

Weese
Weese

Postby griffin » Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:59 am

Huh I guess it doesn't do that any more. Or perhaps it never did, and it was MCPatcher that backed up the JAR in the first place.

Anyway, you can download my minecraft.jar from here. Tested to work by updating to 1.3.1 then reverting pack to that jar and joining the server.
I'm trying to imagine myself with a personality.
griffin

Postby Asalis » Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:00 pm

I found a client that allows you to log in with the older version as well as 1.3. Just go here, choose your choice of download, log in with your usual minecraft log in, then depending on which of the 3 your chose you will get a headder that might say minecraft.jar in it. Click this and select the version of minecraft you want to log into and your done.
Asalis

Next

Return to Minecraft