Darwin Awards thread!

Share an update, post a greeting, thread a meme or roleplay: Anything offtopic in other forums are ontopic here so post it here!

Postby RumRunner » Mon Aug 25, 2008 3:48 am

ok because i find them to be one of the most amusing things ever created I GIVE YOU THE DARWIN AWARD THREAD!! in this thread i shall randomly post random Darwin Awards that I find particularly amusing. feel free to contribute yourselves.

Darwin Award: Count Your Chickens.
1996 Darwin Award Winner
Confirmed by Darwin
31 August 1995, Egypt

Six people drowned while trying to rescue a chicken that had fallen into a well in southern Egypt. An eighteen-year-old farmer was the first to descend into the sixty-foot well. He drowned, apparently after an undercurrent in the water pulled him down. Police said his sister and two brothers, none of whom could swim well, went down the well one by one to help him, but also drowned. Two elderly farmers then came by to help. But they were apparently pulled under by the same undercurrent. The bodies were eventually extricated from the well in the village of Nazlat Imara, 240 miles south of Cairo.
The chicken was also pulled out. It survived.
Don't worry! There will be strippers at your funeral!
RumRunner

Postby RumRunner » Fri Sep 05, 2008 6:56 pm

1991, Niscosia, Cypress

An Iranian hunter named Ali was shot to death near Tehran by a snake that coiled around his shotgun as he pinned the reptile to the ground. Another hunter reported that the victim had tried to catch the snake alive by pressing the but of his gun behind its head. The snake coiled around the butt and pulled the trigger, shooting Ali in the head.

score:
snakes: 1
morons: 0
Don't worry! There will be strippers at your funeral!
RumRunner

Return to Pound Chatter