[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
The Furry Pound forums • View topic - Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood: Just an FYI..

Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood: Just an FYI..

Share an update, post a greeting, thread a meme or roleplay: Anything offtopic in other forums are ontopic here so post it here!

Postby NikkyVix » Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:42 pm

I seem to meet more and more people oblivious to the news that Fullmetal Alchemist has undergone a reboot of its anime under the title 'Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood'.

Well, for those who seem to think it another hoax or rumor,enjoy the opener and closer.

Three subbed episodes of the series are available now for..err...aquisition...the usual way you would find such things. I recommend those subbed by [Eclipse]. And no, this is not a continuation of the first FMA series (episode 52+). I dig the first episode and its new take on introducing characters, though after that it seems to go into the manga alignment from there.

Enjoy..this series is likely to last longer than the original's 51 episodes, since it aims to stay closer to the manga whereas the original series wrote itself into a corner and opted to end instead of push into a sea of filler episodes (I'm looking at YOU, Naruto 150 - 208..).
NikkyVix
Site Admin

Postby Purplecat » Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:56 pm

Heh, I been enjoying quite a few fansubbed animes. I mean, I was following Code Geass when it was ran (mostly for it's drama and politics, mechas are boring to me).

I was never into Fullmetal Alchemist, but I assume I can jump into this anime without problems if you have no former experience with the series?
Purplecat
Site Admin

Postby NikkyVix » Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:03 pm

NikkyVix
Site Admin

Postby Marshtomp » Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:35 pm

Never Finished FMA...(or Deathnote) But looks cool.

Also I adore the Animators / Artist of the series.

Also. I got into Bleach again. Theyre are a bunch of Filler Episodes in between 60 - 110 (i think its 110) but unlike Naruto, They actually kinda link to the story slightly.

Marshtomp

Postby Makaze » Wed Apr 22, 2009 1:12 pm

Makaze

Postby Marshtomp » Wed Apr 22, 2009 5:21 pm

Marshtomp

Postby NikkyVix » Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:52 pm

NikkyVix
Site Admin

Postby Jake Monroe » Sun May 17, 2009 2:56 am

SiRK: There's [SFW], [NSFW] and [STRAY]
Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
Jake Monroe

Postby Pathia » Tue May 19, 2009 7:47 pm

How is FMA:Brotherhood btw? I haven't managed to catch it yet.
Pathia

Postby Jam Out! » Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:54 pm

Well, so far I'm enjoying it, the animation and story have both been consistently good with only little dips here and there. If I had one criticism it would be that so far the series seems... rushed? They're trying to whizz through all the initial stuff that the original FMA covered to catch up to the manga and I think it suffers a bit for it. It would be nice if they smoothly meshed together so you could, say, watch up to a certain episode of the original then transfer over to this new series to carry on from there but due to the filler and random stuff put into the original that's not really possible. Don't get me wrong through, it's still a good watch if you like FMA or the manga.
Jam Out!

Next

Return to Pound Chatter