Impressions After Battlestar Galactica.. (no spoilarz)

Share an update, post a greeting, thread a meme or roleplay: Anything offtopic in other forums are ontopic here so post it here!

Postby NikkyVix » Sat Mar 21, 2009 6:49 am

Just finished watching the later showing of the series finale of Battlestar Galactica.

...Wow. Just.....just wow.

Those who know me know I have no shortage of criticism of BSG, and still there was the best writing and pacing of the entire series. There were also the rather LotR-esque segmented endings which actually made me tear up.

Most importantly, there was vindication for sticking with the overly-baggaged story, and as a result, a deliverance of CLOSURE. The holes are closed, the questions answered, the personal stories of practically everyone concluded. And the intrigue that's intentionally mystical and mysterious is left so in a provocative way to get you to make your own conclusion as to what's really happened behind it all.

This is what the ending of Star Trek: Voyager should have accomplished. Voyager and BSG had such similar ideas, but I feel BSG's handling of its conclusion is far superior. More than before, I feel Berman and Braga dropped the ball with that series' end.

I might write a bit more on closing thoughts but for now...I am quite satisfied. If this is what a show which plans its series beginning to end is really capable of (as opposed to a series which keeps going by mandate of network executives until it's forced to write an ending when the execs finally axe it), well...consider me sold on such a method.
NikkyVix
Site Admin

Return to Pound Chatter