[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
The Furry Pound forums • View topic - A Wierd Day in TF2...

A Wierd Day in TF2...

Share an update, post a greeting, thread a meme or roleplay: Anything offtopic in other forums are ontopic here so post it here!

Postby Fangz » Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:21 pm

Last edited by NikkyVix on Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:17 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Other person's name changed, for confidentiality for the other party.
Fangz

Postby Helios » Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:33 am

Wow uh...no comment really...

though avians are better than furries or scalies >v> *hides*
I do not pray for an easy life. I pray to be a stronger bird.
Helios

Postby Jinx » Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:38 am

You were in the right, he didn't really know... but this kinda stuff shouldn't really be posted.
Jinx

Postby Wulfie » Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:50 am

I agree with Jinx, yeah, you're in the right... buuuut.. yeah, you should also try not to post the stuff. And if you -have- to post it, keep the poor guy's name blanked out so they might not be bothered if they happen upon the forum :/.
Wulfie

Postby NikkyVix » Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:22 am

Edited for the preservation of the other party's privacy and moved to the appropriate thread.

We're mere mortals--we all like to have a little laugh at others' expense or share an incident with the more...eccentric elements of our fandom which has really weirded us out, sometimes. But it's common courtesy to blank or change the person's name when they are in no position to defend themselves and not deserving of having rumors spread about them.

That said..you shouldn't find it weird that that was the only reason he friend-listed you for--sex is a primary, almost single-minded focus for many people in this fandom, particularly those of the younger under-exposed standings who only got in it because of their passions. And if their very NAME involves the fetish they are involved in, you can pretty much place a good bet that that's what their online avatar exists to fulfill for them. This particular person exhibits symptoms of what I've seen from furs before..those who seem to utterly forget--or not grasp--a single thing you tell them, and simply default to what they want because there is no means by which they can grasp that you are simply not into what they want.

I refer to them as LWFs...or Low-Wattage Furries.

Just nod and bid them a good day, and move on your way (and if you are so inclined, be vaguely flattered or amused that you were sought after in such a way). :3
NikkyVix
Site Admin

Postby Fangz » Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:32 am

Fangz

Postby Doom » Sun Mar 01, 2009 6:43 am

Doom

Postby Dusty » Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:06 am

At least he wasn't yiffyfox#14563466547345427854534876874.5

Seriously though its like some furs just can't grasp the concept that sex isn't all there is in life (Fruedian concepts aside).
Dusty

Postby RollingEye » Tue Mar 03, 2009 4:18 am

I am going to omit names and share this story with my friends, because it is hilarious.
Oh crap, is it coward-killing time already?
--
Disclaimer: The views presented by this Rolly are not always serious. Use common sense/brain when reading.
RollingEye

Postby Fangz » Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:54 pm

Fangz

Return to Pound Chatter