[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
The Furry Pound forums • View topic - Seemingly random question..

Seemingly random question..

Share an update, post a greeting, thread a meme or roleplay: Anything offtopic in other forums are ontopic here so post it here!

Postby Witchiebunny » Sun Feb 15, 2009 2:15 am

Anyone out there know how to mod source? I'm not talking about a minor mod, I mean *really* mod source.
Witchiebunny

Postby Fangz » Sun Feb 15, 2009 4:20 am

Fangz

Postby Witchiebunny » Sun Feb 15, 2009 4:30 am

I'm thinking something more along the scale of Black Mesa Source.
Witchiebunny

Postby Purplecat » Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:06 am

So mod as in "A full game based on the source engine" rather than "server mod that changes the server".

I actually messed with the Source mod kit with source code and all, but I actually hadn't done any decent mod with it. But I'm defiantly capable to programmingwise...
Purplecat
Site Admin

Postby Marshtomp » Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:21 am

WHy the hell am i always the one lost..What is that? WHAT THE F*CK IS THAT!
Mod SOurce..

Marshtomp

Postby JimmyChopblock » Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:18 am

i have two ideas that i think are perfect for Source but havne't persued leraning Source to make them yet, unfortunately :( what do you wnat to do witchie?
JimmyChopblock

Postby Dusty » Fri Feb 20, 2009 3:24 am

The chances of one person knowing very small. You need modelers, texture makers, programmers, animators, sound engineers, and so on. If your wanting a mod like that you need a team of skilled people. Basically your developing a game the way Valve does.
Dusty

Postby Witchiebunny » Fri Feb 20, 2009 6:46 am

Guess I need a good team.

My idea is to essentially remake "Omikron"
Witchiebunny

Postby Dusty » Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:09 pm

Dusty

Postby Witchiebunny » Sat Feb 21, 2009 12:09 am

Oh I'm not claiming to be just the "idea guy"-I have coding experience and would be willing to learn how to skin/texture/do whatever I have to to get this done.

I'm pretty sure Source *can* do it-It's in third person in the original game, but third person can be done in Source too-L4D has proven that (though accuracy suffers). I was thinking about making it optional third person (go third person when you press ctrl, or some such) and the rest first person. I honestly think that's the better option. As for the rpg element....therein lies where a decent coder would have to go to work. Working outside of "typical" time zone hours doesn't bother me, I prefer the night anyway. >.>;

And yes, I'm aware of the major commitment that it would require. This is why I'm inquiring into whether or not people would be willing to even put forth the effort. I'm no stranger to major commitments (webcomic, hi!) but this would have to be a team based effort, I know.

I've got some very basic animation experience in 3D, I've been coding since I was 8 (though I've fallen out of it since moving to AZ), and I intend to work on those skills I lack.
Witchiebunny

Next

Return to Pound Chatter