[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
The Furry Pound forums • View topic - I really think...

I really think...

Share an update, post a greeting, thread a meme or roleplay: Anything offtopic in other forums are ontopic here so post it here!

Postby Ayeaka » Tue Jan 13, 2009 3:49 pm

No, Witchie, thankyou for posting. Now I finally know what kind of shit he was causing.

I had Doom asking me the other day for confirmation of reports about him, and I couldn't really tell him anything, because he'd always behaved the few times he played when I was there.
(At least I think it was you, Doom, wasn't it?)

At least now I know what was going on, and I'm no longer horribly confused.
Frau Chimäre~
The doctor will see you now.
Ayeaka

Postby Witchiebunny » Tue Jan 13, 2009 7:41 pm

Witchiebunny

Postby NikkyVix » Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:00 pm

NikkyVix
Site Admin

Postby Werevixen » Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:37 am

I get alot of jokes thrown at me because I'm Russian, I don't know if that's a race thing, but I digress. I think words are just words personally, and especially in the modern days where, no offense to the black (I hope this isn't offensive, we still say it over here) race Witchiebunny, a select few black organisations like the N.A.A.C.P. massively play the race card to gain everything but equality, rather trying to achieve superiority. I think we should all just calm down about race and let words be what they are, if we all just take censorship out of the equation, and everyone can say whatever they want as freedom of speech was intended to work, these words in time will lose meaning when used at every single instance, like gay, or queer.

I hope I won't be punished for stating my opinion, I just felt that this should be expressed on my end, since the topic was already on the subject related. And it is not like I am condoning BananaJane's actions in any way, shape or form.
~Retjzkai the intersex dracorat~
Werevixen

Postby NikkyVix » Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:59 am

NikkyVix
Site Admin

Postby Jake Monroe » Wed Jan 14, 2009 5:22 am

He's been banned from CC2's multiple times for this also.
SiRK: There's [SFW], [NSFW] and [STRAY]
Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
Jake Monroe

Postby Ayeaka » Wed Jan 14, 2009 5:50 am

Honestly, who hasn't been made fun of for race one time or another? One of my closest friends is half white (mixed) half hispanic. Does she EVER get a shitfest thrown her way....

I've had people actually call me a "stupid Kraut" and refer to me as a Nazi, just because I happen to be mostly German, and am taking it as my foreign language. :/ I hear similar whispered behind Sabina, a German girl who's family moved here for business reason's, back.

When tensions are high, anyone's going to slip for the easiest insults they can get their grimy little paws on. Often, this comes down to "how is the enemy not like me?" and often, the answer is race.

It's ugly, but true. And I agree whole-heartedly, Werevixen. I see a lot of it. I can't exactly pin it on a single community, though. Prettymuch every race other than Caucasian has some 'equality' club that's...well...anything but aiming for equality. There is a local equality club, but know what? It actually IS equal.

Anyone is welcome to be a member. Any race at all--the way it should be.
Frau Chimäre~
The doctor will see you now.
Ayeaka

Postby Purplecat » Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:51 am

*shrug* Put it this way, when I was growing up there was this black teacher that I (and my parents) really dislike for various reasons.

However, I never ever threw a race-based insult towards him. My dislike had nothing to do with his race, but his personality and ideas about how education should go. ._. (There was also a black girl I had a crush on... but that's another story.)

Same about some muslim girl in secondary upper school I actually had a crush on. I never saw anyone making fun of her orgin, even if everyone didn't constantly get along with her.
Purplecat
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Pound Chatter