[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
The Furry Pound forums • View topic - March to Restore Sanity/Keep Fear Alive!

March to Restore Sanity/Keep Fear Alive!

Share an update, post a greeting, thread a meme or roleplay: Anything offtopic in other forums are ontopic here so post it here!

Postby Atchhoat » Thu Sep 23, 2010 10:40 pm

As some of you may know, John Stewart and Stephen Colbert are both marching on Washington DC on October 30th from Noon untill three. Just posting to see who intends to go, and if anyone is local (Ie in the DC area) has crash space available for someone hopping a train down for a Rally. If we get a big TFP group together we can all March to Restore Sanity or Keep Fear alive!
Atchhoat

Postby NikkyVix » Thu Sep 23, 2010 11:10 pm

I've already made my plans to attend known, as I'll likely be driving up with a old school buddy who's just gotten out of the service to hang for the day.

Any other furs who're going to be in Washington D.C. on October 30th* had better speak up here! Maybe we can take over a Five Guys or another restaurant, eat and have fun afterward!

If you have somehow not heard of either Rally or March, I direct your attentions here:

http://www.rallytorestoresanity.com/
And its counter:
http://www.colbertrally.com/

It's going to be awesome!

*Yes, we know Fur Fright is the same weekend.
NikkyVix
Site Admin

Postby Purplecat » Thu Sep 23, 2010 11:53 pm

Most awesome political "clash" I heard of.

I wish good luck to whoever is attending.
Purplecat
Site Admin

Postby Atchhoat » Fri Sep 24, 2010 6:40 pm

Hmm checked the trains, it IS doable in one day, leaving at 1:30 Am, get to Penn at 2:30, leave at 3, hit DC at 9 AM! And the only big gap in the return trip from 10 PM to 3 AM...Reasonable! I think...
Atchhoat

Postby NikkyVix » Thu Sep 30, 2010 3:18 am

Any of you live in the New York metro area? Well, the Huffington Post is offering free bus transit down to D.C. for anyone who wishes to go!

http://www.observer.com/2010/politics/h ... s-rally-dc

The busses leave from Soho. More details forthcoming.

Additionally, I have realized that with the Rally happening over the Halloween weekend...I have a free excuse to wear my fuzzy grey-white huskytail to it. c.c
NikkyVix
Site Admin

Postby Atchhoat » Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:29 pm

Indeed! Colbert suggested that people might be out to stop his rally, and to prevent people from finding you, you should disguise yourself! Perhaps people should dress up as their most feared thing....bears perhaps... :p totally invitational.
Atchhoat

Postby Atchhoat » Fri Oct 29, 2010 5:14 pm

Last call, the Rally is tomorrow, anyone else going?
Atchhoat

Postby Sultry Skunk » Sat Oct 30, 2010 1:56 pm

I am not! It was too hard to get a ticket to DC from MEZ Afghanistan. I tried. KEEP FEAR ALIVE PEOPLE!
Sultry Skunk

Postby Atchhoat » Sun Oct 31, 2010 1:58 am

The rally to restore sanity was insane...that is all
Atchhoat

Return to Pound Chatter