[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
The Furry Pound forums • View topic - How's This for a Random Encounter?

How's This for a Random Encounter?

Share an update, post a greeting, thread a meme or roleplay: Anything offtopic in other forums are ontopic here so post it here!

Postby NikkyVix » Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:53 pm

Saturday night I was sitting at my bedroom computer on the second floor, and I saw a fluttery shadow against the wall ahead of my compie. I turned around and on the opposite side of my bedroom was a live bat, fluttering and winging about over my dressers and bed. A bat. Flying, flapping mouse. It just...materialized in my bedroom. The window was closed and all.

'Good evening. I am a bat,' It squeaked. 'It is time for you to run into the hallway, cursing and yelling and stumbling in surprise at my appearance.' And I said 'Oh. Okay.'

I did exactly that.

Mommavix (my affectionate nick for mother as some know) came out of her own door asking why I was yelling, and the bat followed into the hall and said to her: 'Greetings. I am a bat. I believe you should yell and half-close the door on yourself.' And she nodded and did so.

We spent about five minutes shouting and laughing in startlement as it winged in a panic between my bedroom and the hallway, narrowly missing the second floor ceiling fan, then dived down to the first floor where we lost track of it in the dark. We surmised that it went into the basement after that, because the door was open leading down there, it was the darkest place in the house, and the bat was no longer flying on the first floor. Soooo....we shut the door to the basement. Stuffed a towel at the crack below it. And the next day (Sunday), we opened the backyard basement door and went through the basement at dusk, looking for it and hitting the rafters to try and drive it out if it was there. We never saw it. We had assumed it had somehow left the house.

An hour later it was back. In my bedroom on the second floor. AGAIN. As it bounced off my windowblinds it said: 'Salutations. You know the drill; I shall give you a headstart.'

We managed to clumsily corral it down to the first floor and into the kitchen with waving towels and lots of dodging of its erratic swooping. With it trapped beyond the kitchen door we watched it circle in the light for a while, try to hang off the wall, quivering and flapping. Unfortunately my camera was in the Kitchen with it. When it flew into the pantry an didn't come out I opened the back door and left it that way until it eventually returned and flew into the night.

So...yeah. An educational situation: For years I've always thought people in movies spazzing out because of a silly flock of bats buzzing their heads were just overreacting. I couldn't imagine how anyone could be so freaked out by such things. Hah ha!, Stupid cowards, hahee... heh... heheh....

...NOW I KNOW. ಠ_ಠ

And that is my tale.
NikkyVix
Site Admin

Postby Zareth » Tue Aug 24, 2010 2:33 pm

And then John was a zombie.

Seriously though, what the fuck? o_O. Only time I had something like that happen was some big dragonfly that came in, somehow o.o was last week infact. I dunno how it got in, but guh D: Creepy little things.
Zareth

Postby Sultry Skunk » Wed Aug 25, 2010 5:39 am

I would have caught him, and loved him, and squeezed him, and called him George!

Mostly because i know no north american bats are blood sucking monsters.
Sultry Skunk

Postby skunkfox » Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:30 pm

Wonder how Nikky would react to a camel spider? Or Sultry for that matter?
"Peanutty DOOM!" SkunkFox...

Please note I am not sane for sanity is borng...
Plus I'm wearing Python's hide as a belt! >:3
skunkfox

Postby Sultry Skunk » Thu Aug 26, 2010 6:30 am

first one I cleaved in 3 with a shovel. The second I chased under a wall and stabbed it with a knife over and over again. THAT is how I reacted to a Camel Spider. TOOK THE FIGHT TO EM!
Sultry Skunk

Postby skunkfox » Thu Aug 26, 2010 9:07 am

"Peanutty DOOM!" SkunkFox...

Please note I am not sane for sanity is borng...
Plus I'm wearing Python's hide as a belt! >:3
skunkfox

Postby Sekh765 » Thu Aug 26, 2010 1:48 pm

No. Do not post a pic of a camel spider. There is no reason to subject people to that total and complete terror.
Your friendly local Buffett-Bird spy. ^_^
My spy video!
Sekh765

Postby Zareth » Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:45 pm

Zareth

Postby Sekh765 » Fri Aug 27, 2010 12:09 am

YEA!

YEA! YOU THINK ABOUT WHAT YOU'VE DONE ZARETH!
Your friendly local Buffett-Bird spy. ^_^
My spy video!
Sekh765

Postby MaskedJackal » Fri Aug 27, 2010 4:47 am

shit

I just googled it too...

Thanks for getting me all curious >:O
Image◕ ‿ ◕
MaskedJackal

Next

Return to Pound Chatter