[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
The Furry Pound forums • View topic - Sekh's Research Trip in Mexico! (IMAGE HEAVY)

Sekh's Research Trip in Mexico! (IMAGE HEAVY)

Share an update, post a greeting, thread a meme or roleplay: Anything offtopic in other forums are ontopic here so post it here!

Postby Sekh765 » Tue May 25, 2010 4:46 pm

Hey folks, I thought I'd post some of the photos of the stuff I am doing down here near Puerto Vallarta Mexico. For those that don't know, I am a senior student at Sam Houston University in Texas. I am a biology major and specifically study ecology and birds (go figure.). I am currently down in Mexico doing Tropical Field Research on a variety of species of plants and animals, and specifically am in charge of inventorying the local bird species in the area where we are working. Anyway, its SO pretty here so I thought I'd drop some photos here and keep it up to date if people are interested over my 2 week trip.

Current Goal: Locate an illusive "Mot-Mot" nest in the jungle. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Motmot

Here is the slide show we just sent our faculty of what we have done the last 3 days, I uploaded it to filefront so people can download it. It has some crazy cool photos of the stuff we have seen!

http://www.filefront.com/16544325/Prese ... 20days.pdf

---

Image. - This is the jungle area where the mot mots live, and where I am working.

Image - Here is a giant damn tree, it looks like something from the lionking or something, it was so huge!

Image - Here is a shot of the jungle area we are in, and where most of the class is working.

Image - This is the scrub land on the other side of the hills, it doesn't get much rain so it looks like this.

Image - This is the crazy shanty town place where we found our machette equipped local guide who led us to the lake that you will see down below.

Image - This is how we cross rivers.

Image - Here is a secluded lake we hiked like an hour to get to, and hired the guide to show us how to get there.

Image - Another shot of the secluded lake. Better shots of it in the slide show.

Image - Think its a cattle egret, not sure yet. I found him on the shore near the place we are staying.

Image - Awesome shorebirds. Still trying to ID the split tail ones. They were snatching up these tiny fish that were right on the shore line.

Image - nonvenmous snake we caught called a speckled racer. He was so cute!

Image - More snake pics.

Image - This is a crazy plant! Not sure what it was but it was growing out in the jungle.

Image - San Bars Jays, really brilliant bright blue birds related to the Blue Jay most of you have living near you.
Your friendly local Buffett-Bird spy. ^_^
My spy video!
Sekh765

Postby Spotty Hyena » Tue May 25, 2010 5:03 pm

Wow nice, looks a HELL of a lot like the forest near our area, if I didn't know that was Mexico I'd of thought you were visiting yarra ranges forest instead. XD

But seriously, really nice pics, hope you upload some more soon. :D
Spotty Hyena

Postby Jinx » Tue May 25, 2010 5:09 pm

Awesome stuff Sekh, really beautiful scenery and wildlife. Looks like you're having a blast, but hey... I don't remember Python going with you guys xD
Jinx

Postby Sekh765 » Tue May 25, 2010 5:19 pm

We caught him hiding under a rock, he probably fled across the border after being caught for all his sniper activities. Damn border hopping snake.
My spy video!
Sekh765

Postby Mr. Munchlax » Tue May 25, 2010 6:09 pm

Ooo, nice! Looks like you're having fun down there. I bet it's hot though!

And come on, everyone knows snakes can't snipe. He probably just stalked you there for who knows what...

And knowing python...
Who do you think you are? Bleeding Action Man?!
Mr. Munchlax

Postby Gami » Tue May 25, 2010 7:29 pm

ewww cocksock, someone step on it.

naahh just joking, it looks wonderfull over there man. although i would prolly melt due the warm weather :B
moar burds plzz
Gami

Postby Nynnja » Wed May 26, 2010 2:04 am

What kind of bio major are you, that's TWO BIRDS you didn't know off the top of your head. YOU FAIL.
Nynnja

Postby Sekh765 » Sat May 29, 2010 3:25 am

My spy video!
Sekh765

Return to Pound Chatter