Scottish river mouth is a MINEFIELD!

Share an update, post a greeting, thread a meme or roleplay: Anything offtopic in other forums are ontopic here so post it here!

Postby RoboCop » Sat May 08, 2010 9:23 am

Well I been wondering across the Tay coast and in the quay harbour. The Tay Estuary is one of Scotland's cleanest and marine friendly river across the North Sea coast. So marine friendly that it is too dangerous for humans to dive in as it booby trapped like a minefield. "What the f*** are you talkin' about?" you say? Cos it's filled with 300 jellyfishes on the surface possibly some urchins underwater. 5 in 358 people had suffered stings in the beach by swimming to further away and the jellyfish touched and stung them. OUCH! Now if he stepped on a crab or urchin, that would of been worse! But also I found some Scottish dolphins swimming near the coast of Carnoustie and seem them playing across the middle of the estuary. It's not like to have dolphins in the Scottish coast but I seen it with my own eyes!

http://www.tayestuary.co.uk/

Nommy nommy nom? http://www.tayestuary.co.uk/Assets/Vide ... %20Fox.wmv
[APG] Franchise Holder - UK-TF Admin
RoboCop

Postby NikkyVix » Sat May 08, 2010 6:22 pm

That must have been a really awesome sight in person, especially for some of us born and raised living the city life. Reminds me all the more of why Scotland is on my list of places to see in the world.

Thanks for sharin'!

Also...eww, jellyfish. ;.;
NikkyVix
Site Admin

Postby RoboCop » Sat May 08, 2010 8:16 pm

Yes indeed most USAers mainly near Oregon and Seattle was US Scots. Bill Gates mother was decended from her Scottish ancestors. In fact it's takes a old wise Historian to tell us those facts... But I also seen a few seals on the banks near the Tay Rail Bridge also. It would be surprising if a few killer whales came to my visual... :o

Nae worries!
RoboCop

Postby JeevesRoo » Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:03 am

There used to be a whole bundle of dolphins around the Moray Firth coast (where I live when not at University), but in the last few years apparently they've moved south along the east coast, so perhaps thats why there seems to be more around the Tayside area now. :)
Ever bouncy, ever enthusiastic, ever Jeeves! :3
JeevesRoo

Postby RoboCop » Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:17 am

Yes I believe you get those wide mooth eels in the Moray. Maybe thats where the Loch Ness Monster is derived from the eels.
RoboCop

Return to Pound Chatter