[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
The Furry Pound forums • View topic - The Tale of How Mario Got His Name...

The Tale of How Mario Got His Name...

Share an update, post a greeting, thread a meme or roleplay: Anything offtopic in other forums are ontopic here so post it here!

Postby NikkyVix » Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:28 am

NikkyVix
Site Admin

Postby Purplecat » Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:49 pm

What I find interesting is that Miyamoto at least confirmed the name originated from Nintendo of America. The article confirms he didn't have a mustache during the last twenty years according to his friends, but there's no words regarding his stache status in the 80's.

Funny how Miyamoto originally imagined him as "Mr. Video" as I used to call Mario "The Videogame guy" when I first started playing my NES.

I remember hearing the landlord story for years (since the mid/early 90's), but I was starting to wonder if it was a urban legend. Even if this story hadn't cleared out anything to 100%, it pretty much at least confirms that legend.

"Well that explains the coin obsession... never met a landlord yet who wasn't in it for the shines" - First comment on Slashdot
Purplecat
Site Admin

Return to Pound Chatter