[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
The Furry Pound forums • View topic - Haiti Earthquake

Haiti Earthquake

Share an update, post a greeting, thread a meme or roleplay: Anything offtopic in other forums are ontopic here so post it here!

Postby Helios » Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:34 pm

For anyone who doesn't already know, yesterday Haiti was hit by a Magnitude 7.0 Earthquake, the epicenter located about 15km (9.3 miles) from Port-au-Prince, it's capital city.

The first pictures were sent back this morning, and the destruction is horrible. Entire buildings and shops have collapsed into rubble, some of the damaged structures include the Presidential Palace, the National Assembly Building, The Cathedral, and two UN Buildings.

As Haiti is an economically troubled country, it's emergency services face being overwhelmed by the aftermath. Initial reports state that at least 100,000 have died.

If you can send aid in any way shape or form, PLEASE do so. Those people really need our help.

My prayers go out to the people of Port-au-Prince. God be with them.
I do not pray for an easy life. I pray to be a stronger bird.
Helios

Postby Purplecat » Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:36 pm

Purplecat
Site Admin

Postby Mr. Munchlax » Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:35 am

I was at a state convention thing for a school organization I'm in this weekend and where around $1500 was collected for Haiti relief. I donated a dollar.
Who do you think you are? Bleeding Action Man?!
Mr. Munchlax

Return to Pound Chatter