Holiday cheer, holiday care?

Share an update, post a greeting, thread a meme or roleplay: Anything offtopic in other forums are ontopic here so post it here!

Postby Makaze » Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:49 pm

I know it's far too early in some folks minds to even begin thinking of the holidays, but I was chilling at my desk at work, thinking about the usual soup kitchen volunteering I do, as well as what an old server I frequented used to do. Rather than use the donations to keep the servers running that month, the money was used as donations for a charity, homeless shelter or food kitchen.

Now granted TFP's servers are run by the kindness of our admins and those willing to donate a rig to host a server (You can call off the assassins now I said nice things). But I was thinking, we have folks here who pay for commissions and what not. Why not do like a themed calender or screen saver? Maybe a lil cheesecake, not sure how such an endeavor could work, but I think it'd be something we could all just pop in/chip in on, gather up a bit of scratch, hand it off to a charity in need, do something community wide for a change aside from blowing each others hinies off.? I mean this is just a suggestion off the top of my head, a serious one, but a suggestion none the less. Put aside the lil vendettas and what not for the season and help some folks out?

Makaze

Return to Pound Chatter