Name.

Share an update, post a greeting, thread a meme or roleplay: Anything offtopic in other forums are ontopic here so post it here!

Postby Mr. Munchlax » Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:48 pm

"Munch" shouldn't be a very hard name to pronounce. Though on Xbox Live where I go by the name "snark bait" I get called "shark bait" all the time. :/
Who do you think you are? Bleeding Action Man?!
Mr. Munchlax

Postby SilverWolf » Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:09 pm

Since everyone here is posting about their names, I might aswell tell about my nickname.

Started simple, during the early days I was just "S1lv3r Wolf", this of course went into various transformations, "Lobo Prateado", "L0b0 Pr4t34d0" (portuguese translated version), "Silver Wolf" and then of course into just simply Silver.

I started using Silver because I was starting to get a bit upset by how people decided to call me by my full name ("Silver Wolf") instead of just the first word, which is by theory what everyone would do. Of course this becomes a problem when there's more than one "Silver", so I started using "Kampfgruppe Silver", which is due to my high interest on things related to the Second World War and it's respective weaponry and technology.

People just seem to call me Kampf now, which is fine, albeit I might aswell inform that "Kampf" means "fight" or "combat", and Kampfgruppe (basically Combat Group) is an ad-hoc combined arms formation employed by the Wehrmacht during WW2, which could've been given any name or just a number (thus my current steam nickname). I still use SilverWolf or S1lv3rWolf as a username on various places.

Actually, If I think about it, If I haven't changed to "Silver Wolf" back 3 years ago, I would probably still be "Latino Heat", though this "memory" is something that will stick with me, even when I don't follow wrestling (WWE) anymore, Eddie Guerrero was pretty much the only reason I watched the WWE back in the days.

P.S. I know it's something that is buried forever, but I still think Benoit didn't do it.
SilverWolf

Postby Lost » Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:29 pm

I got the screen name Lost back during my freshman year of college.

My school's game design lab has 30+ machines that had a steam cafe license on them and on the weekends me and fellow degree mates would go up to the lab on the weekends and LAN. No matter the machine I was on the screen name for the account was always the ssu.lost. For months I gamed under that name, cause i was to lazy to change it, so the name stuck and as the our game library grew I stayed with the name ssu.lost.

Later down the road i bought my own steam games but kept the name. Then only recently did I tac the Commander part onto my screen name and that move was a personal choice and doesn't have a story.
When you steal from one it's plagiarism.
When you steal from many it's research.
Lost

Postby Mr. Munchlax » Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:54 am

My previous name (the one used on this forum) I got just by randomly thinking of a name to use in an RTS game which for some reason I couldn't use the name I had before. It pretty much stuck with me for a few years until I decided to shorten it down to just "Munch" It's much simpler, I was tired of the pokemon association (especially since my 'sona is a dog and not a munchlax. :p) and a lot of people already just called me "Munch" anyways.
Who do you think you are? Bleeding Action Man?!
Mr. Munchlax

Postby Twilight » Sat Nov 14, 2009 11:26 am

I just love how people think my name is a reference to "that gay movie with the sparkly vampires" when in fact, it is a reference to the color blue.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_hour

The blue hour comes from a french expression, l'heure bleue, which refers to the period of twilight each morning and evening where there is neither full daylight nor complete darkness. The time is considered special because of the quality of the light at this time of day.

So yea, the color blue, not the movie
Twilight

Previous

Return to Pound Chatter