[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
The Furry Pound forums • View topic - Coming out of the preverbial furry closet?

Coming out of the preverbial furry closet?

Share an update, post a greeting, thread a meme or roleplay: Anything offtopic in other forums are ontopic here so post it here!

Postby MaskedJackal » Tue Oct 13, 2009 1:16 am

Funny thing, the only people that know were like "yeah man, we kinda figured".
Image◕ ‿ ◕
MaskedJackal

Postby pablofiasco » Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:51 am

pablofiasco

Postby Nocturnefoxx » Tue Oct 13, 2009 2:20 pm

...but you can call me Emerson.
Nocturnefoxx

Postby chungy » Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:19 am

Like the OP, I keep real life and various internet life separate for the most part... being a furry has not come up on RL so far. Although, on some IRC channel a while ago, I did have a confrontation in a sorts, nothing major. I forget how the converstaion went, but I said something that apparently sounded some alarm, and another guy asked "Are you a furry?", I said "yes" very plainly, no particular desire to write an exposition or force some random information; he countinued to ask a few simple questions about furries, which I answered, and that was it... none of it was any particularly deep insight, just sounded like the dude was simply interested. That was pretty much the end of it; life goes on in that IRC channel just as it always has. :)

(Also I suppose my distinct lack of avatar in most places tends to not garner any attention. :P Most people here seem to have a furry related avatar, usually their own fursona.)
chungy

Postby Pathia » Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:25 am

I haven't really had to deal with this lately, as pretty much my only friends are furries, however when it came to family members who got curious I just described us in terms of things they were more familiar with. Star Trek/Scifi/Fantasy/Anime cons etc, just that we had a different 'thing' we were fans of, that was all the explanation that 95% of them needed.
Pathia

Postby MaskedJackal » Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:22 pm

Image◕ ‿ ◕
MaskedJackal

Postby Fiskie » Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:09 pm

<Westie> this channel is not for scripting
<Westie> it is for spamming
<Westie> mainly by ME.
Fiskie

Previous

Return to Pound Chatter