Second Wave

Share an update, post a greeting, thread a meme or roleplay: Anything offtopic in other forums are ontopic here so post it here!

Postby Helios » Sun Aug 31, 2008 10:32 pm

2005: Hurricane Katrina lays waste to the US Gulf Coast, especially New Orleans, LA.

2008: Her "son" comes knocking.

Hurricane Gustav is barreling down on New Orleans as a powerful Cat. 3 storm, about the same strength as his "mother" Katrina.

We already got a taste of this bad boy in Cuba. But the big story is New Orleans. This is a city that was nearly destroyed by Katrina, and is still rebuilding. Gustav is looking to be just as bad, if not worse.

Difficult times lie ahead once again for that city. I still remember seeing the news reports about the aftermath. I hoped never to see a situation like that again.

The people say they have learned the lessons from Katrina, Gustav will put that assertion to the test. It's evident though that the citizens are taking this seriously with the evacuations: New Orleans is virtually a ghost town.

My prayers to the people of New Orleans, those that left and those that remain. Difficult times lie ahead for them, may the good lord bless them and see them through.
I do not pray for an easy life. I pray to be a stronger bird.
Helios

Postby Bio » Mon Sep 01, 2008 1:02 am

Talk about bad luck. Though I don't care much for the affairs of others when it comes to natural disasters, I'm glad they're evacuating this time. I wish the best of luck for those brave people.
AKA SiRK/Felsirk

Bio

Return to Pound Chatter